Thread: Orange nipple discharge

Orange nipple discharge

I know it can be normal to get a little bit of discharge when your nipple is squeezed, but today, I got ORANGE discharge! I think it came from one or two ducts.
    I checked the other breast and got normal milky discharge from that one!

I’ve emailed my GP for advice about whether or not I need this checked...especially because it was non-spontaneous and also because I’ve been at the breast clinic twice this year (albeit about the opposite breast) so I didn’t wanna go running back if this is something normal!

Does anyone know if this sounds ok?

I’m 35. On cycle day 19. Not pregnant. Not on any medication or birth control.

Re: Orange nipple discharge

Still no reply from the GP. I’m hoping they’ll tell me the colour doesn’t matter Nd just to keep an eye on it. I cannot stand more boob drama!
    But what if orange means it was diluted blood?!

Sorry I don’t have experience with this but have heard of women getting dischsrge out of their nipples before, especially with fibrocystic changes. Perhaps it was milky but you squeezed a little too hard and produced a bit of blood too? I’m not really knowledgable though x

Thanks unicorn.
    I squeezed discharge from my nipple 2 years ago (it’s what started my HA!) and went to the doctor about it. She told me it’s not concerning unless it comes out on it’s own...and cos I’m under 40 they wouldn’t investigate further anyway cos I had no lumps or other symptoms.

So I’m not worried about the fact that there was discharge...I know that’s ok.

I’m only worried about whether the colour is abnormal!

I’ve found one article online which mentions “amber” discharge being normal, so I’m hoping my GP will confirm that 🤞

So, this is the reply I got from my gp...

"Hello, This can be normal, but if there is a lump in the breast then you will need to be seen urgently. If you cannot feel a lump then please make a routine appointment to be seen by one of the doctors so we can check it out for you.

I’m pretty confident that I don’t have any obvious lumps. So does it sound like the “routine” appointment would be just to double check there are no lumps? Cos if that’s the case, I’d rather not go! I’m averaging one visit to my GP every 2 months, and I’ve had so many breast exams it’s getting silly! Plus I get SO anxious on the build up to a GP appointment and they have none til 11th December...so that’s a long time for my anxiety to build up!

I guess what I’m asking is just, what would you do?

Not the expert on this, but given that you've had plenty of examinations recently, I'd just leave it be.

Thread Information