Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone find a way to stop muscle twitching?

Anyone find a way to stop muscle twitching?

Any meds? CBD? Vitamins? Anything? I've been dealing with this for well over 3 years. Went through all the typical scares. Got checked out by a neurologist. Told I have benign fasciculations, and to work on anxiety. It still drives me crazy.

Anyone have a success story they could share?

Re: Anyone find a way to stop muscle twitching?

I think the goal should ultimately be to change the way you think about twitching, rather than trying to stop the twitching (which is inevitable). Everyone twitches from time to time, some much more so than others. You can't change that. But you can indeed change the way you react (or not) to twitches.

Maybe working on the anxiety will get you to a point that the twitches lessen or you convince your mind they are benign and you will be able to deal with them better.
    I get twitches all the time but I don't even think twice about them because I know it's just something our bodies do from time to time.
    I have read that stress can cause them as can being deficient in certain vitamins. Maybe try to make sure your eating a balanced diet and work on your anxiety. The more you stress and worry over it, the more you will notice it happening.

Agreeing with everything here. Reframing the twitches from being something scary to being a minor annoyance might be hard, but it will make you feel better and might even cause them to diminish.

Thanks for the replies. I agree on the anxiety part. Just seems like there would be something out there that could help treat this.

Bumping this to the top, hoping to hear some success stories. Any of you had this for a while and have it stop? Anything you did that helped?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRoads View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I agree on the anxiety part. Just seems like there would be something out there that could help treat this.
    Acceptance that there isn't would help too.

As long as you try and stop something, you are bolstering your anxiety response. You are reinforcing the subconscious belief that this is something to be feared. As long as you keep doing that, you will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Acceptance that there isn't would help too.

As long as you try and stop something, you are bolstering your anxiety response. You are reinforcing the subconscious belief that this is something to be feared. As long as you keep doing that, you will suffer.
    I don’t disagree. Just seems like there might be some that had gotten over it, and maybe did something that they found was helpful.

Have you tried anything like magnesium spray? I’ve heard that’s useful?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRoads View Post
    I don’t disagree. Just seems like there might be some that had gotten over it, and maybe did something that they found was helpful.
    And then what happens when anxiety produces another symptom you can't do anything about and can't find a fix for? Another year of worrying?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information