Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fluoxetine jaw clenching

Re: Fluoxetine jaw clenching

Up until this morning it was like a mirical pill from the off it has been magic with the odd wave of anxiety that was managable and only lasting 10mins max but today well this morning i was crippled by anxiety for no real reason then about 2 hrs later it lifted and the pure euphoria i was back to normal and tonight i am 100 normal once again

Quote Originally Posted by Mindsight View Post
    but today well this morning i was crippled by anxiety for no real reason then about 2 hrs later it lifted and the pure euphoria i was back to normal and tonight i am 100 normal once again
    ADs can be unpredictable at the beginning. The crash you've experienced is fairly common. I regard then as a positive sign because the good periods show the med is having an effect. The concern with a linear, blip free progression is it may owe more to the placebo effect than the AD.

I take it thats very positive sign again a mid morning period of anxiety then back to good times will this get better going forward or is this how it is ?

I take it thats very positive sign again a mid morning period of anxiety then back to good times will this get better going forward or is this how it is ?
    Usually, yes.

Brilliant i will suck it all up, Had my clinic assessment today for the suspected tia turns out i had a migraine which caused me to loose my speach unsure how i feel about this but atleast its the best of a worse case situation.

My eyes today are really bad anyone have bad eye sight of this med?

No more symptom checking im gona hit this head on from now on

My eyes today are really bad anyone have bad eye sight of this med?
    Antidepressants can trigger a range of visual side-effects, especially pupil dilation (mydriasis ) which may blur vision.

Thanks panic down under you been through all this too?

Thanks panic down under you been through all this too?
    I've had Panic Disorder since 12.05pm, January 18, 1987. That's when I had the panic attack which propelled me into the disorder began. I've tried may ADs since, mostly in the late 1980s, early 1990s when SSRIs and SNRIs first became available, but have been taking the TCA dosulepin continually for the last 22 years.

Have you had any breaks during this time from anxiety or have you just delt with each day ? 22 years well done for staying strong and going forward

Have you had any breaks during this time from anxiety
    The med almost completely controls the anxiety. I get the odd few minutes here and there, but not enough to be anything other than a minor irritant. Getting annoyed at those times does help. It is apparently impossible to be anxious and angry at the same time, though rapid cyclic between the two states can limit it as a strategy, plus who wants to go around figuratively 'kicking the dog' all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information