Thread: Stoicism?

Stoicism?

I was wondering if anyone on this board practices stoicism and if so, what are your thoughts? I know it’s considered outdated by many, however, I’m in need of a different coping mechanism. Any feedback would be greatly appropriated.

-thanks

Re: Stoicism?

Didn't realize there was a word for it, but I guess stoicism can describe me fairly well. Probably not entirely, but close.

What is meaning of stoicism? Is it same resilience?

If so it will help yous survive but just putting up with shit don't the same as dealing with it

Good to know it’s working for some. I may have to wander down that path a bit.
    Thanks for your input

CBT has it's root in it. But so do many other treatments when it considers not reacting and being more neutral so as to assess, accept, etc. Sounds like many an acceptance method. Get on with your life and don't let your fear control you is part of probably every therapist's advice and everyone you would ask about fear before psychology became mainstream since otherwise how would people in antiquity have ever lived when one day you are working a field and next running from men with spears?

Thread Information