Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortness of breath

Re: Shortness of breath - air hunger

Thanks for responding Careful. Do you really think that even if I don’t feel physically anxious just have the worries it could still result in physical symptoms?

Re: Shortness of breath

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Anxiety isn't and on/off state, panic is. If you are going through a period of anxiety, or even recovering from on, your body can suffer inumerable symptoms.

Breathlessness is one of the most common symptoms both short and long term, and almost always caused by muscle tension and the sufferer hyperventilating by constantly trying to gulp in a satisfying breath.

The best thing to do is ignore it, not focus on it and practice calming techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Thanks for responding Careful. Do you really think that even if I don’t feel physically anxious just have the worries it could still result in physical symptoms?
    Yes I am 100% certain about this and I think it's the reason why most of us who suffer from anxiety always think something other then anxiety is causing our symptoms. We all say the same thing "but something has to be wrong, it can't just be anxiety because I wasn't even anxious" or "because I am not stressed and I haven't been anxious"..
    I use to get horrible panic attacks that came out of no where. Everything could have been going well for me and I hadn't been feeling overly stressed or anxious for a good while but I could be driving having a pleasant conversation and BOOM out of no where, panic attack. I came to understand that just because I didn't think I was anxious doesn't mean that deep down I wasn't. It literally was the only logical explanation for panic attacks hitting me out of no where like that.

Anxiety is rough, it will consume you and steal your life away if you let it.

Oh I sure know that. That’s why I’m back on the meds. Was feeling a bit better but now having a major blip and freaking out all over again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information