Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any hope for me?

Re: Is there any hope for me?

I feel like everyone has their comfort zone where they feel able to focus on something else but I am unable to do that at the moment. I’ll read a book, knit, watch tv, etc but it’s still a nag and deeply uncomfortable feeling x

We feel that way too, but you still have to go through the motions with the wretched feelings in tow otherwise it will crush you into a disability.
    Yes, take time to rest, sleep, do your meditation and CBT, but let the body and mind very aware that you want to do other stuff as well.
    You have to keep going and at the same time off load some of the responsibilities so you are not bogged down.
    I still think you are looking for a quick fix, if there was one, we wouldn't be on here. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    We feel that way too, but you still have to go through the motions with the wretched feelings in tow otherwise it will crush you into a disability.
    Yes, take time to rest, sleep, do your meditation and CBT, but let the body and mind very aware that you want to do other stuff as well.
    You have to keep going and at the same time off load some of the responsibilities so you are not bogged down.
    I still think you are looking for a quick fix, if there was one, we wouldn't be on here. x
    That’s true- I think I am looking for a magic wand and of course it doesn’t exist. What do you do to take your mind off it during the day- other than mindfulness/cbt x

My mind is never off it, I just try to keep my day as normal as possible. You can't switch your mind off, but you can think of other stuff and divert your mind on to what you might be doing at the time.

Hi Mrs M How you doing tonight.
    Like carnation said my mind is never off anxiety or sometimes the depression with me also but I try and find things or people who help take the pressure off even for a little while, sometimes I just have a bloody good cry. With me it’s the anxiety that bothers me the most, the depression part I seem to deal with better.
    Also did you say you have only been on Prozac for 5 weeks, which isn’t long really, maybe a side effect from them or they just haven’t kicked in yet.
    You seem to be doing all the right things and carrying on with life but feeling better is not coming quick enough for you, I’m very impatient too and expect miracles, even taking tablets I expect them to work as soon as I’ve swallowed them and then when they don’t my mind goes into overdrive as to why haven’t they worked.
    One day Mrs M the sun will start shining through again and bit by bit will push those dark clouds away, until then keep doing what your doing, but don’t push too hard, rest when you need to and if you need to talk people on here are always willing to do that. You will be absolutely fine Mrs M....xx

I hope you don’t mind me joining this thread - Mrs M and I are going through something similar and have been messaging. It’s funny how we can’t seem to remember how bad we were and how far we’ve come - we just focus on what’s not right right now - that’s what I was thinking this morning. I know I’m better then a few weeks ago even without the lorazepam but because I’m still not well I keep thinking I’m not getting better. It’s so hard to stay positive with anxiety! It’s such an awful thing too that it’s really hard to be patient. I agree with carnation - as much as I like the idea of resting at home it’s too easier to get stuck in the ruminating cycle - I’ve realised I need to seek out things to do, people to talk to, to take my mind off it. Even with the shortness of breath thing I just try and keep going in spite of it until I get tired and then I get depressed about it. If only there was a magic fix! You’d think with all these millions of people with anxiety they would have invested in finding a decent treatment for it! Anyway thanks for letting me rant. It helps to talk - my poor husband gets sick of anxiety talk all the time!

Ok that’s reassuring. It scares me sometimes that people seem to be coping so well and then I worry that maybe I have something worse wrong with me. But it probably is just solely mindset x

Nah. Please believe me when I say that beneath the surface, we're all struggling to get by.

Although I am sad to hear you are all struggling to get by- it does make me
    feel less alone. Are you feeling any better today BlueIris x

And you are not constantly struggling to get by- just when you have bad days? You still have good days too? X

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information