Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itching on one breast, when to worry?

Re: Itching on one breast, when to worry?

It affects me badly too, once winter comes - my left wrist arm area was itching so badly yesterday and I had to resort to hydrocortisone cream. The rubbing of clothing and rubber gloves and the cold temps just makes me go crispy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It affects me badly too, once winter comes - my left wrist arm area was itching so badly yesterday and I had to resort to hydrocortisone cream. The rubbing of clothing and rubber gloves and the cold temps just makes me go crispy. lol
    Oh the itch is just horrible isn’t it!

I think it’s safe to say I’ve made this worse today. Wearing a non wired bra as you suggested that I found in my draw (waiting for my new ones to be delivered) and the itching has become really bad again today. I’ve ended up putting loads of aveeno on throughout the day and still itching. Ive got loads of red flat spots now from scratching as it was unbearable. I’ve just realised the bra is 95% nylon and 5% elastane! Not great for irritated skin I’d say!

Have you tried the slippery tissue inside the bra thing, the sheets laid flat. That really works, I had to do this for ages a very irritated area of skin near where yours is.

Yes I did it just after I posted as not able to take my bra off at the moment. It’s making a huge difference. It Obviously still aches from th scratching but as it’s so much softer I’m not feeling the need to itch x

Ahhhah, that is my tried and very well tested method, goodo. I used that in two major places after surgery dressings were removed and there was rubbing and itching scar tissue.
    Last edited by Carys; 14-11-19 at 18:14.

I honestly can’t believe the difference! Like I say part from feeling sore from the scratching earlier and the last few days I feel. I feel no desire at present to scratch! Thank you x

Tee hee, the silkier the tissue the better it works, Kleenex pocket tissues are the best lol....and the other lesson , BIG lesson, to take from this.....is that it is clearly dry itching skin and nothing more.
    Last edited by Carys; 14-11-19 at 19:09.

Thanks carys, I can’t lie I’ve been teetering on spiralling with this one. However I’m keeping calm, I’ve just picked up some e45 cream as that’s really good and I’m staying off google. I know the more I focus and worry the more symptoms I’ll have! Our brains can create so much! I do really appreciate you taking the time to calm me down and keep me logical.

Look, the least it is is dry itching skin that you've irritated, the most that it is is a skin/fungal infection caused by scratching. There is nothing more that it can be than a dermatological issue, so it could be happening anywhere on your body but it so happens its the breast skin that is causing issues. Monitor it.....go to doc and request assessement of the skin and cream (either steroid based or for fungal or whatever they think ) if it doesn't clear up with self-help measures. Look no further than that though !

Thank you. I’m hoping it will just get better if I keep up with the cream and tissue trick. I know I suffer from dry skin, so this isn’t out of the blue for me to have eczema or dry skin in general. My breasts are quite large too and I sweat like everyone else. I also know I’ve made it worse by scratching and leaving it several days before moisturising etc. I’ll give it a week and if no improvement I’ll go to the Drs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information