Thread: Blood Clots in Leg?

Blood Clots in Leg?

I am a 17 year old boy in fairly good shape. However, recently I’ve been a bit inactive sitting more than usual.
    Last night I felt this little sharp pain on the part of the leg behind the knee. I didn’t think much of it until I woke up this morning and it still being there. The pain only occurs when walking or standing up.
    Knowing me, I googled this and it said that a blood clot could be a possibility and saying stuff about having a Pulmonary Embolism?

I had a really bad panic attack after hearing this

Re: Blood Clots in Leg?

Seriously, you're 17 and in good shape; it's probably just muscular.

Don't give it another thought.

Your to young to be worrying about blood clots.

Google is not your friend....

Yeah I’m hoping it is something muscular and I agree that google isn’t my friend. I’m scared to sit or sleep long now because I can risk getting them. Ah this isn’t fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    Yeah I’m hoping it is something muscular and I agree that google isn’t my friend. I’m scared to sit or sleep long now because I can risk getting them. Ah this isn’t fun!
    Hey there,

I am 19 now but when I was 17 I had the exact same fear as you. It took 7 doctor visits and 2 weeks of anxiety hell to realise I did not have a blood clot at all. I had ended up getting sciatica that had spread onto my upper leg/thigh area and the pain was so bad. Even standing on it was really painful and sore. Every doctor I saw told me I was worrying too much and I still didnt believe them. But then I realised, if I had a blood clot, I would've been either in hospital or passed out by 2 weeks. You are fine, please try not to worry. My current worry is appendicitis, my health anxiety seems to come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    I am a 17 year old boy in fairly good shape. However, recently I’ve been a bit inactive sitting more than usual.
    Last night I felt this little sharp pain on the part of the leg behind the knee. I didn’t think much of it until I woke up this morning and it still being there. The pain only occurs when walking or standing up.
    Knowing me, I googled this and it said that a blood clot could be a possibility and saying stuff about having a Pulmonary Embolism?

I had a really bad panic attack after hearing this

Ok firstly from personal experience I had multiple blood clots (DVT's) when I was 16......its very very unusual however I had them - I can tell you now (I am no medical professional) BUT talking from experience of having 7 episodes of DVT's and PE's, you would not be sitting and typing your worry on here if had a PE OR DVT....if your calf gets red and inflammed and you cant walk at all then you go to the Dr, seriously, you would know about it or cant breath for that matter!

So please stop worrying about this , enjoy being fit & 17!

Hey unicorndusy and Neverending_story, i appreciate the input. From the time I sent that forum I have been fine. Nothing got worse, in fact it got better. I just started to be active a bit more so I can just be sure. Thank you for sharing the experiences because I know i'm not alone with this fear. I've been feeling fine recently other than the muscle twitches I have been getting all throughout my body for the past 14 months.

Thread Information