Thread: Severe nausea

Severe nausea

For the past 2 weeks or so I have been having horrible nausea. I have not vomited but I feel like I'm on the cusp of it. It's really stressing me out because I don't know what's causing it. I'm a little constipated, but that happens to me often. I'm on a new BC pill that does increase my anxiety. Sometimes I feel ok but sometimes I just feel like I need to run to the nearest toilet. I just got my period so I cant be pregnant. I'm starting to be concerned that its something worse and something is wrong with me. I cant barely function because I get so nauseous. Sometimes I do feel a little better if I burp but only forca little it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Severe nausea

The pill makes me wicked nauseous! How long have you been on the new one? (By the way you don’t actually get a ‘period’ on birth control, it’s just a withdrawal bleed from the hormones)

Also I do suffer with nausea pretty much daily in the way you describe here it can be the product of anxiety, and as you’ve got a raised level of that at the moment it really can be just that.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I've been on it a few months but stopped and started again. I think it's just anxiety mixed with the pill. Plus winter has hit us and the snow/flu season makes it worse

I had a terrible time when I first went on the pill feeling sick all the time. They told me I could either stop the pill or put up with it and eventually it subsided.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I've been on it a few months but stopped and started again. I think it's just anxiety mixed with the pill. Plus winter has hit us and the snow/flu season makes it worse
    Any time you restart bc you have that ‘getting used to it’ part again, nausea unfortunately is one of those side effects. I hate it!

I think it’s anxiety mixed with the pill too, and you’ve done a great job at rationalising it! I’ve been changing around my birth control a lot these last 6 weeks and I’ve definitely noticed a large amount of these types of things fluctuate in myself too.

I hate it! I have been on and off different types of BV for a year and having other issues with it. I really can win. When I'm off the pill my periods are super heavy and cause terrible PMS. But the pill makes me nauseous and gives me palpitations

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I hate it! I have been on and off different types of BV for a year and having other issues with it. I really can win. When I'm off the pill my periods are super heavy and cause terrible PMS. But the pill makes me nauseous and gives me palpitations
    I’m just going through the withdrawal for the first time in 10 years, my bleeds are horrendous without but I’ve been through all the feasible types of bc now and each have side effects I’m not completely happy with, I’m hoping to see what things are like over the next 6 months and then decide if it’s worth any of the side effects to not bleed, thankfully mr midnight had the snip at the beginning of the year so I can not worry in that regard.

Woke up nauseous again today. I skipped my morning coffee and had water and cheerios. Hopefully that helps. This is just hard to deal with. I'm hoping it's nothing serious wrong with me and it leaves soon

Try peppermint tea, it might help

coffee won't

Thread Information