Thread: Loss of appetite, nauseau, upper right quadrant pressure pain

Loss of appetite, nauseau, upper right quadrant pressure pain

Dear all,

Maybe some of you can help/reassure me, or tell me if this sounds familliar.

About 4 weeks ago, I woke up nauseous, with no appetite, and the feeling has stayed since. My stomach feels full constantly, and I feel like I just ate a seven course meal, even when I havent had any food in a day. My weight has started to drop radically, approx. 5 kgs. in 3 weeks. During this time, other symptoms have started to show up, like a continual feeling of pressure and pain in my abdomen, upper right quadrant. This pressure frequently radiates to the flanks and to the back where I feel it as pain/discomfort. It feels as if something is growing and pressing against things in my liver/gallbladder/pancreas area. It also hurts when I push there (from belly button upwards and over to the right). Something that I don't feel when I push on the left hand side. This pressure/pain feeling has been on and off a couple of times: it stays a few days, then retreats (with nausea being then more prominent). But after a day or so, it comes back to stay again, and always worse. Currently, it also causes stomach cramps/pains. It's still this feeling of something lodged there (like a stone, as stupid as it sounds). There has never been any collic-y pain, nor have I ever had to throw up (though sometimes close).

Ofc I've had loads of tests:
    - blood tests for liver/pancreas: all good, except for high billirubin, which doctor said was most likely due to 'Gilbert Syndrom' that I migh have. He said that because all other blood levels were normal.
    - 2 Ultrasounds of abdomen; one with good visibility of pancreas: all fine
    - Endoscopy: all ok
    - Colonoscopy (some months before symptoms started): all ok
    - CT scan abdomen: all ok, escept for a small liver cyst that doc says is cmpletely harmless/normal; apparently lots of people have them

I know I'm a hypochondrias but tests often brought relief. This time its not the case: since the appetite is not coming back, and the nausea/pressure keeps increasing, I'm not so convinced that this ia all in my head. My gp said that they did all the tests necessary to exclude the bad things, and that I should start therapy. She thinks its IBS mixed with my hypochondria.

In my head, though, I'm convinced the tests missed something: gallstones, pancreatitis, liver cancer or, what I really fear the most: pancreatic cancer. I read that a CT and ultrasound can miss pancreatic cancer in the early stages, and that my symptoms is how this cancer starts: nauseau, lack of appetite, increasing abdominal pain/pressure in the upper right quadrant. I know I'm young for this disease (33) but I'm still so afraid that I have it and that none of the doctors are listening bc of my history with hypochondria. I would love to have that endoscopy with ultrasound that apparently is so good at detecting anything bad on the pancreas, but my doctor doesn't want to refer me to have one.

Long story short, my question to you guys: are the symptoms familiar to you? Can IBS really do this? Or what else could be causing the symptoms? Should I push even stronger for that endoscopy with ultrasound?

Hope to hear from some of you fellow stresser/worriers, etc :( :(

Re: Loss of appetite, nauseau, upper right quadrant pressure pain

IBS, Anxiety, Gerd possibly

Feeling exactly the same right now. Fullness on the upper right abdomen area, nausea and loss of appetite. Had one abdomen ultrasound several days ago and found several gallbladder polyps. Been feeling terrible these several days and terrified ultrasound don't catch sinister things...

I have this too. I haven’t had any tests yet but it is making my life hell. If you do get any answers- let me know x

Thread Information