Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Physically can’t do this anymore

Re: Anxiety in my stomach and chest

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Then choose to allow yourself to feel the anxiety full force and say 'fvck it'.

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick by responding to you in this way, I'm just trying to illustrate the repeating patterns of behaviour, the need for reassurance and the fear of a perfectly normal physical sensation.

BlueIris is right, you need to learn how to reassure yourself. It's really the only way to get better.
    I know and sometimes tough love is the best love it’s just so hard when In the evening I feel great and then wake up in the morning and I feel awful and my stomach is in bits and I feel sick it’s hard just to sag **** it and get on with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody said it was easy

I have a friend who is a fairly well known tattoo artist and even though I trust him I don't think I could sit through what you have, so give yourself some credit for what you CAN do!

It’s just accepting this is part of anxiety I’ve begged my docs for more tests but he said my bloods are all normal and my stool sample was normal so giving me further tests will just reinforce my anxiety

The mornings are the worst, I believe it has something to do with cortisol levels? I can’t remember the exact reasoning behind it though, maybe spend some time to look into it and understand what’s happening with your body. Then the next time it happens you can remind yourself why and that it will pass.

This is what I do every morning, I’ll wake with a racing heart (although less dramatic than before I was on propranolol) and I’ll feel sick, if it’s an ibs day I’ll also have stomach ache/pains/cramps. Breathe through it accept that it’s part of the condition and that it will pass.

I have an hour or so to myself in the mornings to put everything in its box so to speak and let everything calm down before I start my day. I often take the time to do some guided meditation or just listen to some podcasts I enjoy. Some mornings I read a book, anything that engages the mind a little but isn’t too taxing. Normally within the hour most of the morning jitters have worn off. Routine really helps me, I wake, eat my meals, and go to bed all roughly at the same time and I practice my self care relaxing time both morning and evening being in that routine has really helped me gain a lot more control over things.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    The mornings are the worst, I believe it has something to do with cortisol levels? I can’t remember the exact reasoning behind it though, maybe spend some time to look into it and understand what’s happening with your body. Then the next time it happens you can remind yourself why and that it will pass.

This is what I do every morning, I’ll wake with a racing heart (although less dramatic than before I was on propranolol) and I’ll feel sick, if it’s an ibs day I’ll also have stomach ache/pains/cramps. Breathe through it accept that it’s part of the condition and that it will pass.

I have an hour or so to myself in the mornings to put everything in its box so to speak and let everything calm down before I start my day. I often take the time to do some guided meditation or just listen to some podcasts I enjoy. Some mornings I read a book, anything that engages the mind a little but isn’t too taxing. Normally within the hour most of the morning jitters have worn off. Routine really helps me, I wake, eat my meals, and go to bed all roughly at the same time and I practice my self care relaxing time both morning and evening being in that routine has really helped me gain a lot more control over things.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.
    Thank you for this

This nausea from anxiety is too much! Is it normal?

Totally. You've been told repeatedly that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Totally. You've been told repeatedly that it is.
    It’s so annoying!!! Do you ever get nausea from anxiety

Hey,

I've told you I've had awful nausea from anxiety, and it is generally the first feeling I have if stressed. I'm really heartened to hear your doctor is being so strict with you, you've had lots of checks and a few tests and he/she knows what we all know too - it can make you feel very unwell but there is nothing clinically 'wrong'. Digestion is majorly upset by anxious states, as I've said to you once before, it alters the balance of the secretions to the stomach and feeling bleurch follows.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information