Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe MS (possible trigger)

Maybe MS (possible trigger)

Hi there
    I've been having a lot of symptoms on and off for the past few years. They are getting worse and I've now been sent to a Neurology dept in a big hospital. Today I went for a pelvic and lumbar scan and I have ab appointment with the neurologist in december. So basically I am being seen to.
    The thing is (beware that this may be a trigger if you want to stop reading) that some months ago I read an article about Selma Blair, who has MS, and she had spent years going from one doc to another and they kept saying anxiety.
    I try not to think about this but I know it's at the back of my mind. And I often wonder if maybe a lot of my symptoms could be caused by having this in my head.
    Anybody with anything similar??
    I'm having a really terrible time with all this.
    Thanks in advance xx

Re: Maybe MS (possible trigger)

Yeh I wish I hadn’t read that tbh I have had symptoms every 3 years but got better not worse and hAd clear mri but u still got me panicking again now!

I'm sorry, I did specify possible triggers twice so that this wouldn't happen.
    If you are getting better not worse and had a clear mri then that means you're ok.

Wishing you the very best of luck, Sial.

Im not saying this is the same thing but whatever illness i am currently worried about, i tend to get some kind of sensation in that area. So i imagine that it is possible that if ms is on your mind you will get tingling etc? Ms is quite uncommon thankfully and it is probably something else.

Thaaaanks x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Selma Blair had pretty drastic symptoms which really affected her day to day life rather than noticing small things. I'm not sure your symptoms but not everyone is the same and MS is a rare condition

When i got diagnosed with ms i feared the worst. Then i found out that the life expectancy is similar to the average. I also discovered that most people dont end up in wheelchairs. So if you do start worrying bear that in mind.

However you havent been diagnosed with it yet so i wouldnt stress too much until you need to.

Hope all goes well.

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you are doing well x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information