Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe MS (possible trigger)

Re: Maybe MS (possible trigger)

Unfortunately what I have are not small things. I will not list them so as not to trigger any further but all I can say is that I can't lead a normal life. With that said, as pav1984 says I have not been diagnosed with anything specific yet so I will wait to cross that bridge when and if I come to it. I'm finding my wait for test results and doctors visits quite difficult but on the other hand I need answers so I'm just putting up with it all.
    Just need to vent. Thanks! X

Have you had your vitamin levels checked? I know someone from twitter who was depleted in B12 for over 3.5 years and had all sorts of nerve problems which were very similar to those of MS and it wasn't until he got his b12 and vitamin D levels checked that he found out the reason as it had perplexed him for so long. After 7 months of B12 injections he is now free from all of the problems (tingling, numbness, brain fog, double vision and bowel problems)

Hi leoguaje7
    I had them checked last year and they were ok I think, maybe a bit low if I remember correctly but within range. I had bloods done on Friday which I will have for next Friday so I will see about b12 and D then. Thanks for the information! X

Just got my results from my bloods and vitamin B12 and D are very low. I have to see my doctor with the results this evening, see what she says. I also have high markers for some other things (don't know what they are called in English, C reactive protein? And something else) I have looked it up and apparently one is related to infection/inflamation and the other to liver. My HA is completely out of control

Try not to panic? Will be thinking of you.

I went through this earlier this year. My symptoms are listed throughout this site, but for the sake of brevity: vertigo, migraine, unilateral paresthesia, numbness, facial twitches, visual disturbances (one-side), hearing loss (confirmed by ENT: one-side), swallowing difficulties, heat intolerance.

It took months to see a neurologist, who looked at my MRI (which had lesions, radiologist report said "MS can't be ruled out") and the neuro said "this is a healthy brain." A lumbar MRI showed clear results. I also had high CRP and ESR - inflammation markers. Doctors are paying this no mind.

We're still on the hunt for the cause of my symptoms (which wax and wane, right now they're waxing something fierce!), but it's not MS. I almost wish it was, honestly, as I'd kill for some answers right now. But we tread on...

Good luck to you, and if it's MS it is a manageable chronic illness - if it is not, I hope you find some answers to bring you peace.

Quote Originally Posted by sial72 View Post
    Just got my results from my bloods and vitamin B12 and D are very low. I have to see my doctor with the results this evening, see what she says. I also have high markers for some other things (don't know what they are called in English, C reactive protein? And something else) I have looked it up and apparently one is related to infection/inflamation and the other to liver. My HA is completely out of control
    I hope everything is ok. Wishing you the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information