Thread: Scared of blood clot

Scared of blood clot

Hi everyone,
    Struggling today. I am suffering with a knee problem, had assessments and they’ve said it’s my patella behind the knee. Sometimes I find my leg swells a bit and straight away I look at my leg and feel my heart and think ‘is it the start of a blood clot?’ I can’t get it out of my head. Has anyone else had symptoms of a blood clot?

Re: Scared of blood clot

If you had a blood clot in your leg the swelling wouldn't go away and then come back. It would swell and stay that way not to mention it would be painful (more then likely very painful) and the pain would not come and go.

Anyone free to chat. Had a really bad day of worry. I can’t get this dvt thing out of my head. Don’t understand why else my leg may or may not be swollen? When I put my trousers on I can feel it’s a bit more tighter on my right leg. Is this from my knee condition or the start or dvt. I panicked when teaching today and I nearly walked out of my class but didn’t. Had a good cry when I got home x

Hi!

I'm currently working through my fear of DVT right now, and I also have had some swelling in my calf that freaks me out, but I think I'm dealing with achilles tendon problems and shin splints I'm going to see a podiatrist for. Have you actually tried measuring? I actually measured mine and it was not as big of a difference (if any) that I thought that it was despite the fact my left leg is obviously tighter than my right.

Sometimes I feel like it's really all in the mind. Good luck with your knee problem! We both need to stay off of Google and try to relax, yanno?

Thread Information