Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm spiralling again

Is it normal for heart rate to go up when ill?

My heart goes really fast at the moment, I can just stand up and its like 120 bpm. And my resting heart rate is over 100. I am unwell with flu is this normal?

Re: Is it normal for heart rate to go up when ill?

Yes completely normal... When you are ill, your metabolic rate increases to fight it and as such it can raise your heart rate. Dehydration from not drinking enough water and the tendency to breath with your mouth when you’re ill can also increase your heart rate. Try to drink more water. Are you or have you been running a fever? This will also cause an increase in heart rate.

Hope you feel better soon.

Re: Can a cold/flu cause heart palpitations?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

As posted on another of your threads, as your worries are varied and constant you would perhaps be better starting one thread and posting everything there.

Elen

Yes it's normal. Your entire central nervous system is turbo charged when you have an infection. My heart rate goes from about 70-75 normal day time rate (that's not resting HR of course) up to close to 90 when I have a cold/infection. Because you're hyper focusing on it, it's going to be even higher.

Just pay no attention to it. You might not like it, but it's perfectly normal. The more you pay attention to it the worse it'll get.

I'm also getting heart palpitations constantly is this normal when you get a cold/flu?

Everyday I think I'm going to die!!

Surely this isnt normal:( every single day I think that's it I'm going to die! Every symptom I think that's it this is the end. I had a shower and in that time I found 3 different cancers that i have!

Re: Everyday I think I'm going to die!!

Yea unfortunately I relate to this on a lot of levels. Before I was on medication and in therapy this was my daily life. Constantly checking and rechecking my body. I used to get stressed out just thinking about having to do it each day. You need to learn how to retrain your thought process. It’s not easy but it does help. And see the sticky on here about the free CBT books and read them. Give yourself permission each day to worry for a set amount of time and then when that time expires you are not allowed to focus on it anymore that day. I will add that I still suffer from this so you’re not alone. I’ve just learned a thing or two that helps when this kind of panic Arises. This is a normal
    Part of hypochondria and many of us do this or have felt this way. It’s like the mind plays tricks on us. Stop checking. That’s the first step. I hope you feel a little better after reading this

Cannot cope with CONSTANT heart palps!!!

Surely this isnt healthy.. palps are happening every few beats!!!

Re: Cannot cope with CONSTANT heart palps!!!

I'm thinking I have heart failure!!!!!

Re: Cannot cope with CONSTANT heart palps!!!

Or you're panicking.

Take a breath, and have a walk.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information