I currently work two jobs: one during the day at a university and another evenings/weekends as a food delivery driver. Thankfully, my university job is safe (thank goodness) but my delivery position is in jeopardy. Long story short, Monday I ordered food to be delivered to me via this service. The food was never delivered, nor was it attempted to be - I was standing looking out my front door the entire time because I have to rush to put my dog away when someone comes to my house.

Understandably, I was upset as I feel like I put in 100% effort on the job and it really sucks that essentially someone stole my lunch. I was refunded, but still, so I contacted the company via DM on Twitter because there was no other way to really go about it as their customer relations avenues are extremely limited.

Anyway, I was told yesterday that I am suspended while they review the case and they've cleared out all of my shifts for this week, which sucks majorly because I was working a lot this week and really do need the money. My direct manager isn't back until tomorrow and will maybe get in touch with me then (I've been told) but I'm on pins and needles over this and I just want to know if I need to start looking for another job now.

They claimed that I "violated social media policy" but I read the handbook and I did NOT violate the policy, which is based mostly around not revealing customer information and not posting inside company information. I merely expressed my displeasure with the service I received.

Anyway, I just don't know what to do and I'm terrified. I can probably scrape by a bit until I find another job - thankfully delivery jobs aren't hard to find - but I've never been fired before and on top of that I feel like this is incredibly unjust. I really want to like email HR or something but I don't know if that's jumping the gun. I'd also like to know what they think ASAP so I can either apply for new jobs or know if I'm going to be working any of my shifts this week.