Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might get fired...

Re: Might get fired...

So, reading between the lines some overzealous management type tried to give you some shit but HR found you had done nothing wrong therefore to protect the comoany and not make themselves look like the fools they are they decided to not give a penalty but put on your record they were right and you were wrong

Sounds quite typical of petty management to me.

Social media policy is stop employees doing things that bring the company into disrepute e.g. trashing your employer online, joining causes that could associate the company in bad company (like sites that encourage hatred), saying things that are illegal or could be construed as offensive ("I love Trump", for instance ).

I'm sorry you had to go through this, Poppy. I've been through silly pettiness like this where I didn't get on with a line manager. I can remember one visiting me trying to check I was actually off sick (it was day 2 after having no sickness in 2 years!) and he tried to say I wasn't in because I didn't answer the door. I said I was so why would I be answering the door to cold callers if I didn't feel like it. He then tried to confirm it was the right house by describing the front of my house. My answer was "that just proves you have driven past my house and not that you were even there on the day in question". We didn't get on and he was being petty. I got a warning.

They do this to feel in charge. You have the right to challenge the decision but they hope by not adding a penalty you let it slide.

Wow some employers are shocking! It’s completely wrong what they are doing and they just care about their own reputation and can’t admit they were wrong.

just be glad that you are not these people - what a life they must have ��

Ah, thanks all. Yes, it's crap but at least I can keep the job - for now I need the money. I was more upset that I missed out on a week of work - and it could have been two if I hadn't found a few shifts to pick up for this week.

Either way, I won't be ordering from them again and I won't recommend that anyone else do either. I just won't say so "publicly"
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I’m sorry that all happened, it’s pretty shocking really. Are you on a zero hour contract because I’m not sure that they should suspend you without pay. Did you get a 1st warning?

You could always ask ACAS for advice if you want, or if something else happens.

I suppose they didn’t deal with your complaint either....

The world of work suck a rat's ass in English speaking countries where you'd expect some kinda degree of rights and protection. UK has adopted all the bad practices of our great country and I'm guessing same in Oz and NZ

The best way to deal with a bullying boss is

Smile and then ignore his or her orders, or

Give him verbal shit back in front of other work colleagues if possible. You will find youusself a very popular dude.

A bully is a bully don't matter whethers at school or work or hospital. So I'll repeat

GIVE EM SHIT BACK

Very unlikely you'll get canned coz then the bully starts worrying what yous might do to them!

This is a true story. Boss was a man, employee was a woman. It helps if yous a woman or minority if boss is white mail

Can't remember what boss said but this plucky lady replied

"Shut the **** up you stupid ******* your a crap manager and your staff hate you so get on with your work and leave us good folk alone or I'll take it higher"

When I quit she was still workin - and what's more, got on very well with the a4said boss
    Last edited by lebonvin; 24-11-19 at 03:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
    Wow some employers are shocking! It’s completely wrong what they are doing and they just care about their own reputation and can’t admit they were wrong.

just be glad that you are not these people - what a life they must have ��
    You got it Sally! I'd just change some employers to most employers awful as it sounds

I guess much depends on what kinda organization your working for but you gotta ask yousself why that particular person is boss? Promoted on merit? Gitouttavit!

To be a good boss these days you gotta show sociopath behavior i.e. very selfish and not give a shit about others, no empathy. It's a system what reinforces itself, the top boss chooses some one like himself. Then there's the employee you thought was a nice guy who gets promoted then treats his ex colleagues like shit. That's because said person is a good actor.

I go back to it. Don't let any boss get yous down.
    Even psychopaths get anxiety. Play on it. Act like yous the boss and they the employee.

The most difficult folk to deal with tho is a colleague who is on good terms with the boss who is basically a spy who needs putting down. Ignoring their ass may be the best answer, not confrontational.

My ma was a good lady and brought her children up well. She told me before I started junior high to keep stumm at first, don't go try make friends with everyone, observe first and decide who is the good guys. That advice served me good. Folk what don't know me think Im quiet lol

The army is a bit different, you gotta obey orders whether yous agree or not. But I'd say most commanding officers knows the risk of mistreating. It's all a game anyways.

Forgot to mention, for anxiety

read the Sticky shred above
    read self help books
    read the Bible or any religious book

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’m sorry that all happened, it’s pretty shocking really. Are you on a zero hour contract because I’m not sure that they should suspend you without pay. Did you get a 1st warning?

You could always ask ACAS for advice if you want, or if something else happens.

I suppose they didn’t deal with your complaint either....
    Oh of course not.

It's a weird setup because my bosses are located in Wisconsin and I'm located in Kansas - I've never met anyone face to face. I'm also not on any specific hourly contract - I just put in the times I'm available to work week by week and they schedule me when they can. Sometimes there are also open shifts I can pick up. I was technically "suspended without pay" because they took away all of the shifts I was scheduled while they "investigated" and then those were picked up by other drivers so weren't available when I was cleared.

It's a mess. But as a side hustle to make ends meet it's not so bad. Pretty flexible and the pay is decent.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Oh of course not.

It's a weird setup because my bosses are located in Wisconsin and I'm located in Kansas - I've never met anyone face to face. I'm also not on any specific hourly contract - I just put in the times I'm available to work week by week and they schedule me when they can. Sometimes there are also open shifts I can pick up. I was technically "suspended without pay" because they took away all of the shifts I was scheduled while they "investigated" and then those were picked up by other drivers so weren't available when I was cleared.

It's a mess. But as a side hustle to make ends meet it's not so bad. Pretty flexible and the pay is decent.
    Gig economy. What we call zero hours contracts over here. A boon to employers who don't want to have employees so call you at the drop of a hat and expect you to do more or your shifts dry up. It's a notoriously unpopular issue here and dominates the health care sector for home help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information