Thread: Waiting in lab for HIV test! Help!!!!!

Waiting in lab for HIV test! Help!!!!!

Hello everyone!

I’ve written before regarding my HIV scare. I’m pregnant and just got lab work done on Thursday last week and I have yet to hear anything. I have an appointment for my results next Thursday but I’m wondering, would the doctors office call me if something is wrong like my HIV test being positive? Do you think they’ll just wait till my appointment to deliver bad news? I did ask the tech that drawer my blood if they would call me if something was wrong and she said yes, however, I keep reading that some doctors don’t call and they just tell you when you go to your appointment. It’s been 4 business days since I did my tests and I can’t even sleep.

Re: Waiting in lab for HIV test! Help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadepen View Post
    Hello everyone!

I’ve written before regarding my HIV scare. I’m pregnant and just got lab work done on Thursday last week and I have yet to hear anything. I have an appointment for my results next Thursday but I’m wondering, would the doctors office call me if something is wrong like my HIV test being positive? Do you think they’ll just wait till my appointment to deliver bad news? I did ask the tech that drawer my blood if they would call me if something was wrong and she said yes, however, I keep reading that some doctors don’t call and they just tell you when you go to your appointment. It’s been 4 business days since I did my tests and I can’t even sleep.
    Hi, have you got a realistic reason to believe that you might have HIV? I know the older tests results can take a week or so to come in, whereas the newer rapid HIV Ag/Ab test takes 20 mins. You could try ringing your Drs surgery and ask if your Dr has the results.

HIV isn't the deadly disease that it was years ago. With the new anti-retroviral drugs people can live a normal life span. I know your results will be negative and you will be fine x

I can understand how being pregnant has amplified your anxiety but just based on your original thread about this, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I can understand how being pregnant has amplified your anxiety but just based on your original thread about this, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    I’m with you

Thread Information