Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waves of physical anxiety

Re: Waves of physical anxiety

I hope you're feeling a little better this morning windywel. I'm guessing its early morning down under?

Kind regards

Hi Sober2000 yes absolutely we should support each other. It will get better we just need to be patient x

Hi yes it’s 9.30am - feeling a little better this morning but I still have this awful shortness of breath thing that just gets me anxious and down. Trying to just take one lorazepam today so waiting for a while. How are you feeling?

Thanks so much PDU - that does help a lot. I have tried propranolol but it didn’t really do much for me. I asked the psychiatrist about mirtazapine but he said we would keep it in reserve. He said better to keep things simple at this stage with just the citalopram and lorazepam as I was already on it. I am reducing back down to 0.5mg of that a day. I am still worried about increasing the dose though - I know he’s going to recommend going up to 30. But lots of people on the forums have said not to as you get the side effects all over again and not many people seem to have had good experiences increasing (mind you I guess the ones who did aren’t on here). They reckon staying on 20 for at least 12 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    But lots of people on the forums have said not to as you get the side effects all over again
    Side-effects may indeed increase for a while after ramping up the dose, but they are usually less severe than at the beginning simply because the rate of change is less.

Forums can give a greatly distorted picture simply because the majority that have few issues don't join them. You're looking at a small subset of patients. Even if 99.99999% claim a particular issue this doesn't mean you will also be affected. Only you have your DNA.

Dr Google is not your friend. Stop 'listening' to it and looking for reasons to not do something, please. Go for a walk every time you're tempted instead. It will do you far more good.

Will do - I have been much better at not googling - just had a brief relapse yesterday. I am feeling better than I was just have times when I feel terrible again and fall back into bad habits. I know I need to help myself to get better and not just rely on the meds. I do appreciate your support

You're up late Windywel. Its early afternoon and evening cannot come quick enough. Was down visiting my mum, who's recovering from knee replacement. Killed a bit of time but the 50 min drive there and back with my head is not fun was looking at the pics of my kids she has on wall and i just wept. I just so miss being able to feel them emotionally. This insidious darkness, splinter in my obsessive mind, just rides me all day. but ive held on for 1yr today so gotta keep going one day at a a time. Keep going my friend.

Hi how come it’s a year? Have you been trying lots of different meds? Do you have both anxiety and depression?

Yes this i my 4th since January. Yes i have both. since i have upped my dose of duloxotine my depression is getting worse. trying to hold onto its only 19 days on 60mg. it is just that it is making me more apathetic so that make it so hard to do things to distract myself from my obsessive head.

hope you are feeling better windywel.
    take care

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information