Thread: How does anxiety feel to you?

Unhappy How does anxiety feel to you?

My ocd has been more mild lately but my anxiety has been worse. It started a few weeks ago on holiday I felt uneasy on the train felt I was going crazy I had these random thoughts that I would throw my phone away. It caused me lots of distress and again past few weeks these anxiety spells occur. It happens most of the time in the car of public transport that’s when the offset of the anxiety is. It’s not a panic attack but my head goes down the route of worrying I will lose my mind forever questioning if you can totally go mad permanently? I had a breakdown in 2016 so that’s where the worry stems from.

How does it feel for everybody else? is it common to suffer this type of anxiety minus any panic attacks?

My trigger has been a job change I found out I could maybe transfer jobs, had a few interviews I bailed out of one of them and transferred in my existing job. I was told I couldn’t get the move then later found out I could ive since moved but still feel anxiety. I dislike how it’s different to my last job despite being the same company.

I have other goals like flying or restarting driving but fear it’s not worth it because I find myself so focused on goals that I struggle to feel content. I told myself I don’t need to fly and I did feel content for a few weeks it’s a pleasant feeling. I moved house but my greed makes me want a bigger house so where will this all end? I am struggling to feel “content” my fear is if I keep pushing and opening new doors the anxiety will continue to brew but at the same time people say it’s good to have goals?

Re: How does anxiety feel to you?

Yes I tend to get anxiety rather than panic attacks- although I do get panic attacks from time to time. Yes the worry about going mad is something I always had- but then I read an article about neurosis and psychosis and it’s actually impossible for neurosis (anxiety) to lead to psychosis- they are very different. You say you had a breakdown in 2016 - a breakdown means different things to different people - what happened to you at that time x

Thread Information