Thread: Mini stroke or silent migraine

Mini stroke or silent migraine

This is going to sound silly but 2.5 years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest we were moving house and it was quite stressful and one day whilst moving bits and pieces I suddenly got tunnel vision, numb down one side including half of my tounge tingling and couldn't get my words out, I also sent my partner a text at the time saying I didn't feel well, but he called me and said I'd sent him a text that was basically nonsense. This happened twice and coincidently didn't have another one once I started taking iron tablets. I don't know why I've started thinking about this again but I'm scared I had a stroke and may have lasting damage or that I'm going to have it happen. Again... At the time I went to my doctor straight after it happened who dismissed it as anxiety(it wasn't).

Re: Mini stroke or silent migraine

Blox, what about your other thread which people have replied to about the ear/jaw pain ? Just thought maybe one issue could be 'completed' before the next

I usually have a different issue for each day of the week lol, I think the jaw and ear thing does seem to be tmj.. I'd never heard of it before x

Its just nice to make a brief reply for those who have taken the time and made replies to you. I have replied to loads of your threads Blox (recently one about iron or something like that) and you never seem to have gone back to any of them and commented at all, which is somewhat disheartening. We don't even know if you've read the comments.

Regarding your 'was it a stroke question', there is only one way to find out and that is with a CT or MRI which can clearly show old damage which would be left behind after the stroke incident. However, convincing your GP to refer for a scan if you have no other stroke long-term symptoms now or risk factors will be pretty tough. The 'lasting damage' is nothing you can do anything about even if it was a stroke type incident, as that was 2.5 years ago and any lasting damage would be either there and lasting or gone and not lasting, nothing would change now anyway and effort would be put into minimising the risk of another. Does this make sense ? Are you sure it wasn't a migraine ? There is something called a hemiplegic migraine which has exactly the symptoms you describe here, look it up on a reputable migraine site.
    Last edited by Carys; 15-11-19 at 21:00.

Thread Information