Thread: Do I have tetanus?

Unhappy Do I have tetanus?

So long story short i stepped on a rusty nail, after around 1 hour i started to feel pain in my foot not around the wound but kinda in my bones dunno how to explain. about 5 hours after the incident i went to visit a doctor and he said that the wound was not deep enough to need antibiotics and that my tetanus shot was up to date, the thing is the pain is growing and is spreading to my whole foot, it feels numb and tingling. it also hurts alot if i move or touch it. What could this be, do i still have tetanus?? please help me.

Re: Do I have tetanus?

No you don't

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No, you stepped on a nail. That alone is damned painful and what you've described sounds like a typical trauma reaction.

In the UK there are typically four to six cases a year of tetanus - usually in people who haven't been vaccinated. And the UK's population is about 67 million. I'll leave you to do the maths on that one.

I've stepped on a plug pin before, and had it embedded about an inch deep in my instep. I wasn't offered antibiotics and this didn't particularly bother me. The pain was horrendous, though; it took about six weeks before my foot felt normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I've stepped on a plug pin before, and had it embedded about an inch deep in my instep. I wasn't offered antibiotics and this didn't particularly bother me. The pain was horrendous, though; it took about six weeks before my foot felt normal again.
    In my dreams all the people who have wronged me are forced to walk a mile barefoot on upturned British plugs (some forum members may have to search for images of a BS1363 UK plug)

A plug pin imbedded am inch in your foot ? Holy flippin moley.....

Not something I'm ever planning on repeating.

Thread Information