Thread: Irregular periods are triggering my health anxiety

Irregular periods are triggering my health anxiety

Im 20 and since about May my periods have been all over the place. I record my cycles on this app and the number of days between since May has been 27,26,33,33,30 and now 25?!

I used to get my period pretty regularly every 28/29 days, occasionally it was late but never early. So this is starting to really trigger my health anxiety.

It did all start when I went through a very stressful time but I thought it was getting back to normal but now It’s early again and I’m freaking out. I’ve not been eating much well this month so I’m hoping it’s that but I don’t know, there’s always this little worry in my head it’s something else.

Re: Irregular periods are triggering my health anxiety

They are still regular periods, varying by a few days, and not really that many days either. They say that anything from 21-38 days is possible in the range of 'normal' and really the only likely reason is hormonal changes and slight imbalances. This started when you had a stressful time, so you have a cause and effect, and once hormones are slightly bugg**d they can take a really long time to get back to normal - many many months, and thats if your stress levels have gone back to normal and it doesn't sound like they have (as you aren't eating well). I really wouldn't give this another thought right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    They are still regular periods, varying by a few days, and not really that many days either. They say that anything from 21-38 days is possible in the range of 'normal' and really the only likely reason is hormonal changes and slight imbalances. This started when you had a stressful time, so you have a cause and effect, and once hormones are slightly bugg**d they can take a really long time to get back to normal - many many months, and thats if your stress levels have gone back to normal and it doesn't sound like they have (as you aren't eating well). I really wouldn't give this another thought right now.
    Yes my stress levels aren’t really back to how they were before, better than in May but a lot has been going on. Graduated college, looking for a job, got in my first relationship. It’s all been every stressful as a lot of that stuff makes me anxious. Probably doesn’t help my diet it really bad I guess.

This really isnt that irregular, I repeat that. Some people are like this their whole lives ;o) Your shortest and longest cycle are only 5 days apart !

I agree with carys. I think they say anything from 21 days to 35 is classed as normal. I personally found until I had children my periods were up and down. Having children sorted mine to go every 28 days. I’ve had fluctuations in the past couple of years anything from 25-30 days actually. I also find it changes more when stressed and my periods were most like clockwork when I was exercising regularly and when I was slimmer. X

As others have said, I think it can really vary throughout your life. Mine was between 18-24 days (lucky me!) until I was about 18 or 19, then it regulated to 24 days on the dot. Now, at age 36 it's anywhere from 22-28.

Thread Information