Thread: Blood urine after intercourse

Blood urine after intercourse

Hi guys I’ve just recovered from what the gp assumed was a UTI although the urine stick only showed leukocytes.

ive been checking my urine every day because of this and its only ever showed leukocytes no blood, the last two days it’s didn’t show anything.

i felt a burning sensation today so did another test. This was is showing no leukocytes but blood!! I did take the test an hour after intercourse. Could this be the cause??

Re: Blood urine after intercourse

Possibly, but this is 100% a question for a Doctor, not a forum. There is no way to assess whether your urine had blood IN it, or blood WITH it.

Re: Blood urine after intercourse

Yeah, I totally agree with Joe and would reserve this question for your doctor and i really wouldn't rely on those home urine strips to be 100% accurate. Don't freak out though because even if you do have blood in your urine it doesn't mean there is something sinister going on. You say your Dr believed you to have a UTI and it's not uncommon to have blood in your urine when your dealing with one. I had a UTI last month and had large amounts of blood in my urine, so much so that it was visible. It certainly freaked me out as it was only the second UTI I have ever had and although I had been told with the first one that I had blood in my urine, I never saw it.
    Anyways, voice your concerns with your doctor and let them check your urine but try not to worry in the meantime.
    Last edited by Careful1; 18-11-19 at 01:58.

Thread Information