Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotting between periods

Re: Spotting between periods

My period turned up in the middle of the night. A huge sigh of relief for me. Deep down I knew this light blood when wiping was my period but of course anxiety didn't want me to believe that. I feel after a having a baby my period is different. The flow isn't how it used to be not sure if this is just hormones and it will eventually go back to normal but for now I'm happy that nothing scary is happening.

Yes, lol, its because 3 months ago you had a baby.....it takes a year or more to get back to normal ! We've been trying to tell ya that.
    Last edited by Carys; 02-12-19 at 16:53.

Hi all,

I'm back again :( after being happy about the pink discharge stopping and my normal period coming. I'm worried again. So I had my period from the 1st until the 8th Dec. 3 days later I had sex and the day after in the morning I had normal clear discharge but later on in the day after lunchtime I felt wet so went to the toilet and it was my discharge but it was pink tinged discharge again with tiny amount of blood streaks. I'm so gutted and feeling so down and scared again. I don't know what to do. I didn't go to my doctors appointment on the 10th because the discharge had stopped and my doctor said I didn't need to go if it stopped.

Hi anxiety girl so just thought I'd share a bit about my experience. I had a baby in May 2018, I breastfed him till just 6 weeks ago. Beginning of August 2019 I got my first post baby period. Well since then I've had moments of utter panic because I've had pink spotting between periods and I've never had that before. This was my 5th baby and I'm in the early 30s. I went to see a local womens health nurse and she said she sees this very often in women in their 30s. I don't know how old you are, but even just having had a baby recently, your hormones wont have leveled out yet. Have you recently had a pap smear?
    I know how absolutely terrifying it can be to see blood when you're not supposed to! Thinking of you and praying for you.

Hi thank you for your reply. I'm 32 and i had a clear pap in August of 2018. My doctor wasn't overly concerned when I last spoke to her and I also just spoke to another doctor on the phone as I was feeling too anxious. They said it is quite normal for this to happen after sex especially when my period has only ended a few days ago. However if it continues for a long period of time then to get an examination. So I'm just going to wait and see how things go for now. Its weird because this happened last month as well, a few days after the end of my period I have pink discharge so I'm starting to think its just some blood still left clearing out. I'm trying to stay positive.

I've had pink spotting after my period's for a few days as well, the last few months. I've panicked about it a few times, but I try not to worry too much. I'm sure you're fine, our bodies have to figure things out again after not having a cycle for a while.
    Last edited by BAF18; 12-12-19 at 22:59.

Hi again. I'm spiralling and I really don't want to :( the pink discharge not alot just tiny amounts has appeared exactly 4 days after my period exactly the same as last month. Is this just me ovulating as I would be on day 11 of my cycle. Is this just a thing that happens with me now each month. Im just so scared as I haven't experienced this before until last month. I wish I had gone to the doctors appointment but didn't see the need as the problem had gone. Argh this is so frustrating I don't know what to do. Should I wait it out and see if it stops like last time. Just looking for some advice and reassurance please I don't have anyone else to talk to because people jump on my HA straight away. So I keep everything to myself now.

This spotting stuff is really messing with my HA I'm so upset. I done so so well for ages with no episodes of HA now I'm in a state of worry and panic. Thinking about other things now that have come out of nowhere. Starting to check other body parts now my breasts worrying about breast cancer worrying if I can feel a lump or not. For god sake I've worked so hard to get over my HA and its all coming back again. I don't think i could cope with it all again it made me so ill the last time. I ended up on sertraline last time. I'm worried I will have to go back on it again. Why is this happening to me when I was doing so well. In actual tears from this.

I know so exactly what you are feeling!
    I've been having off and on pink spotting between periods too since I got my first postpartum period. It's very terrifying! I'm not sure what to say to help you, but I would maybe go see your doctor for your own peace of mind.
    But you have to remember that it could very well be hormonal, since you recently had a baby. It takes our bodies a while to get everything straightened out.

Yes maybe so. I've been tracking the discharge and I'm starting to think it's just me ovulating and this is when it has occurred each month. I've just never experienced it before. Maybe after having a baby my periods have changed and I now have this discharge when ovulating. There is a definite pattern being exactly the same as last month. The fact there is a pattern makes me less worried.
    I'm just on to my new worry now about my breasts and not knowing what lumps and bumps are normal and what's not I mean how am i supposed to know I'm not a doctor. So I'm thinking each thing i feel in my breast is something scary to worry about :( now have the fear of thinking I could possibly have breast cancer. This is really getting out of control i need to speak to my doctor Monday about all of it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information