Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotting between periods

Spotting between periods

Hi there,

My period ended on the 11th November and everything was normal but then 5 days later in the morning my vaginal discharge was tinged with blood I ignored it because I've had something similar before and then it happened in afternoon. Again I just ignored but then the next morning there was more blood only when I wipe. I'm starting to get a bit worried now and I've had history of HA which I don't want to come back again as it took me a long time to get over it.
    I don't know if this other issue is connected to it but my breasts have been a bit achy too. Its all so strange and worrying. Just looking for some reassurance i guess.

Re: Spotting between periods

If your breasts are achy and you have spotting then it sounds like it could be slight hormonal variation. Just one thing to consider - you aren't pregnant are you ? A one off shouldn't be something to be concerned about, some people have it mid-cycle, but you should run it by your GP if it happens again or it concerns or there are other symptoms. When you had it once before was it recently ?

What colour was the blood? I often get dark brown blood in my cervical mucus around ovulation, I read online it’s from old blood that hasn’t completely cleared from the previous cycle. It’s also not every month either. My cycle also changes from 25-29 days regularly. X

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    If your breasts are achy and you have spotting then it sounds like it could be slight hormonal variation. Just one thing to consider - you aren't pregnant are you ? A one off shouldn't be something to be concerned about, some people have it mid-cycle, but you should run it by your GP if it happens again or it concerns or there are other symptoms. When you had it once before was it recently ?
    I have had a period since the last time I had sex so I don't think I could be pregnant. The last time this happened was a long time ago and was once and then nothing. This is now the third day and all day I had nothing then this afternoon I felt a bit wet so went to the toilet and yet again I had bloody discharge. Really don't know whats going on and it's worrying me. Im going to give my gp call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    What colour was the blood? I often get dark brown blood in my cervical mucus around ovulation, I read online it’s from old blood that hasn’t completely cleared from the previous cycle. It’s also not every month either. My cycle also changes from 25-29 days regularly. X
    The blood is pink coloured. I've had brown blood before and was never concerned as I know its old blood from period but this I don't like as it's been more than one day.

Yes, probably wise to call the GP for a chat. The achey breasts along with this spotting would be something that would go with hormonanl imbalance mid-cycle or the last period simply not ending or even starting up again (anything is possible), but if this is unusual for you then def. get your mind put at rest. Please do let us know how you get on (for me, being over 50 this type of thing is part of the joys of nearly meno, but as you are much younger I think then it needs a discussion)

This morning when I woke up I had some more blood in discharge. Not alot but none the less still there. So I got my gp to give me a call. She told me a number of things it could be but didn't want to see me or there was no urgency about it so I guess that's a good thing. But she said to make a routine appointment with her in 3 weeks if it continues. So I don't know do I just wait and see.. After this mornings episode of blood I've since had clear discharge so I'm so confused one moment it's blood or pink coloured next moment it's clear. Very frustrating not knowing what my body is doing. Really hope it stops soon and goes back to normal. It's not really something I want to have to think about with Xmas coming up.

What were the 'number of things it could be?'

Nothing serious she mentioned stds but my partner and I have been together 10 years and haven't had any other sexual partners in that time. We've both also had std checks in the past. She also mentioned body just being out of whack a bit as I had a baby just 3 and a half months ago or could even be something called ectropian which sounds scarier than it is and is normal.
    Ive booked a routine appointment with her on the 10th December so if I'm still bleeding by then I will see what she says but she did say if any new symptoms or heavy bleeding then to come back to her sooner but overall she wasn't concerned. Just fingers crossed the blood stops I have a period before my appointment so I'm hoping my body somehow works itself out and goes back to normal.

Wooooah hold on, that was fairly critical information that you didn't mention earlier - you had a baby 3 1/2 months ago !!!!! Well, the whole 'hormones out of whack' is even more hugely likely.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information