Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Spotting between periods

Re: Spotting between periods

Hey guys,

MY HA is really fuelled up today, the waiting is making me sick to my stomach. Christmas is not a happy one for me this year. Inside im crying scared and anxious but on the outside I have to smile and pretend all is well with me for my kids it is so draining. I just want to be OK. The bleeding is continuing like I'm on my period for 12 days now. Its horrible i hate it. My actual period is due in 5 days I'm worried all the blood loss will cause me to get ill or am I being silly.

I gave my doctor a call because I feel my HA is getting on tip of me now I need to be back on medication.
    She is putting me back on sertraline which I'm relieved about. She told me not to worry too much about the ultrasound, that it could be nothing at all or just my cervical ectropian causing the bleeding. It could just be polyps or cysts. That to be something like cancer would be a very tiny chance. So I have some hope after this chat with her. She said she will call me on the 2nd if she has my results if not a few days later. So I'm hoping results show nothing scary.

Today is Christmas day and I've watched my beautiful children open their presents and all I can feel is fear, panic and anxiety because of this bleeding. It's ruined Christmas for me this year. I feel so miserable and I know there are people out there really suffering and I'm Ok right now so I should me positive but I can't I feel sick to my stomach about it.

Hi everyone, I'm still so very scared. I try to take my mind off things but then this stupid voice at the back of my head keeps telling me I'm going to die :( I just want to be happy and I can't. I'm waking up each morning with my heart racing. I don't even know whether I'm on my period or not because I can't differentiate the bleeding I'm having. Supposed to be due it on the 29th but it never comes on the exact day my period tracker tells me so I don't know if I'm currently having my period It feels like a period but with the bleeding I'm getting I can't tell the difference. I just want to cry and feel so hopeless like I have nobody to help me and I'm all alone. I have nobody to talk to and have to keep it in all to myself. That's why I like to come on here so I can get my feelings out. I'm so nervous for the ultrasound I'm s scared something scary will be found how am I going to cope.

Hi everyone. I couldn't sleep last night my anxiety was so bad, I was shivering and sweating so much. Tummy feeling sick and my body so tense. This morning it is the same again. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this I'm making myself so ill. I just want to be normal not this scared person all the time. I'm so frightened I have cancer. I have my ultrasound on the 31st December and I'm so scared they will find something bad. I can't function properly at all I'm scared to even move, I just want to sleep all the time to forget but when I do that I keep jumping up with anxiety and fear and my heart starts to beat fast. Honestly don't know why this is happening to me

I know how terrified you are, any bleeding like this (which doesn't fit your usual pattern) can be frightening for anyone, let alone those whose mind goes to the worst scenario. You need to go back to your doctor's words on 23rd though, and revisit those. There are really a huge number of possibilities for spotting like this, polyps, cysts, cervical erosion, fibroids, hormone abnormalities etc - and jumping to the least likely is something which is something you are doing but need to try and control as best you can. You have had a baby, things really can take such a long time to regulate and to be honest that alone (having had a baby in the last 3 months) will be making you more anxious at the moment and low. Look upon this as just a precautionary/ruling things out ultrasound......

Shes sending me an ultrasound beacuse that's the only thing there really is to do. So I now have to wait for an appointment for that but she said she doesn't expect anything to come from that.
    When I get the results from that if im still getting the bloody pink discharge I will take some pills to reregulate everything because she said adter having a baby only 4 months ago periods can change.
    Its not long to wait now, though I know every minute probably feels like an hour ;o)

So my ultrasound is tomorrow. I am absolutly frozen with fear. I've not been out of my bed in days, barely eaten and barely talking to anyone. I just cannot function. This has been the worst health anxiety after experienced in a while. I have more or less told myself I have cancer and I am going to die. I just don't know how much more I can take I feel so ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I know how terrified you are, any bleeding like this (which doesn't fit your usual pattern) can be frightening for anyone, let alone those whose mind goes to the worst scenario. You need to go back to your doctor's words on 23rd though, and revisit those. There are really a huge number of possibilities for spotting like this, polyps, cysts, cervical erosion, fibroids, hormone abnormalities etc - and jumping to the least likely is something which is something you are doing but need to try and control as best you can. You have had a baby, things really can take such a long time to regulate and to be honest that alone (having had a baby in the last 3 months) will be making you more anxious at the moment and low. Look upon this as just a precautionary/ruling things out ultrasound......

Its not long to wait now, though I know every minute probably feels like an hour ;o)
    I know I do try to remember what my doctor said but she also said a tiny chance of something like cancer which would also be treatable I put myself into that tiny chance. I just feel like I would be that unlucky. I can never seem to catch a break and I feel like this is some sort of punishment or because I was given a beautiful baby I now have to pay for it with my life. This is honestly how messed up my mind is and how I think.

Today is my ultrasound day. I have to drink 2 pints of water which is not easy when you constantly want to throw up. I am petrified and finding everything so difficult to do even getting dressed is a struggle. I just want to get into bed and sleep all the time because when I sleep I don't think of anything and it's bliss. I'm sure I've lost weight from all the worry. Really wish I knew how to deal with these things better but I just can't I'm so so scared.

Went for the ultrasound. I had a pelvic one and then one in my vagina. So horrible but has to be done being on my period didn't help matters either. It was all very quick so I'm hoping thats a good thing that there was nothing there. My partner was watching the monitor the whole time as I couldn't see it he said they checked my ovaries, uterus, and my cervix and things were measured, same as when I had ultrasound for my son. I'm just scared now for the results. They will take 4-5 working days the lady said so next week sometime I'm guessing. I'm going to be petrified when I see my doctors number come up but I gotta be brave and face it. Feeling slightly better after having the ultrasound because I feel like things are happening when I am waiting for things that's what brings my anxiety about.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information