Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Spotting between periods

Re: Spotting between periods

Well done for getting to it, and getting through it. You are right, a brave face and facing up to it is the only way to go, I believe strongly that all will be 'fine and benign' but the reason for having tests and checks is not to threaten us - but catch things early and treatable. This is something I have struggled with as a concept, every yearly mammogram - it feels insurmountable and as if the tests/scan is the threat, but it isn't , its actually NOT having the test and scan that is the threat.

Yes that's very true and a good way to see it. I'm glad I done it and it's over with. Now to stay sane for the next few days while I wait

So scared waiting for that phone call from my doctor. Honestly can't imagine anything but bad news in all honesty with this continued bleeding. Either way I want to know what's going on with me so I can accept it rather than being in limbo.

An update

My doctor called me this afternoon with good news that my ultrasound was all clear and nothing wrong.
    I have to continue to monitor my bleeding and keep a diary so the decision can be made to either have my cervical ectropian cauterised or to go on some pill. She told me I don't need to be worried as its nothing dangerous or cancerous so I feel so happy now. The worry was insane.

Brilliant news

Good news ! Isn't it amazing the black places your brain takes you, and how it throws aside all the logic. Your doctor was right before the scan, there WAS and IS nothing to be concerned about. ;o)

I'm so happy to hear this!

Hi again. So after the good news I had from the doctor regarding my clear ultrasound the bleeding stopped the same day my period ended. For 7 days I've had clear normal discharge however this morning I had some more blood in my discharge so I'm back to square one again. Feeling like rubbish and worried. I know my doctor said it's nothing to worry about and that it's hormonal or ectropian but I'm scared still. I have to keep track of it for next month because she wants to see if there is a pattern so I can't even do ntohign about it at the moment which makes me feel worse.

Still have blood when wiping. It's so annoying I just want to be normal. I don't understand why this is happening to me and its scary :( it's always on my mind and how can it not be when every time I go to the toilet I see blood. I don't know what to do.

You have to do what your doctors says - put it down to being hormonal or ectropian, and keep a diary to know any pattern. What else can you do ? - there is a plan and now you stick to it....

so the decision can be made to either have my cervical ectropian cauterised or to go on some pill.
    I don't know why you are so scared really, as the ultrasound was clear, so the causes have to be what they have put forward as the main possibilities. To be honest, if your hormones are out of kilter nothing will alter that quickly anyway, having had weeks of bleeding myself with 'out of kilter hormones', and some months where I only have a gap of a week with no bleeding, I can attest that sometimes things can drag on for a long time (particularly after childbirth!!!!). So, if its a very small amount, which it will be if just when you go to the loo, then just write it on down and wait till you get back to the doctor.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information