Thread: Paranoid over Paronychia

Paranoid over Paronychia

Unfortunately, even after the roughest year with post antibiotical infectious IBS due to a fingernail infection, I'm here yet again. I bite my nails as an anxiety relief but unfortunately suffer with chronic but mild nail infection. This new one though is very painful and it's on my right middle finger and swollen and very hot. I just got over another one On my left finger last week and am pretty confident that I can Ease this one the same (Epsom salt and magnesium sulphate). However.. I cannot take oral antibiotics due to absolute STATE I've been in after taking 2 tiny doses. Anyone got any powerful home remedies? I'm also a pianist and have shows next weekend!

Re: Paranoid over Paronychia

post antibiotical infectious IBS due to a fingernail infection
    The IBS was due to the antibiotics and not the nail infection, right ?

We've talked about the biting and paronychia you develop on other threads. You can stick a massive amount of savlon on it, a huge squeeze and cover it with a non-breathable plaster. This will soak the antibacterial cream right deep into the finger. Take it off after 24 hours, allow to dry and cover with a breathable cover. That could sort it out, it has for me in the past (I'm not a fingernail biter though). You have to find an alternative to the biting, especially as a pianist ! If you need an anxiety stress relief action, start thinking of something you can substitute with - mashing a stress ball, one of those finger fiddler things, an elastic band to ping hard ...anything.

Thread Information