Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Sertraline and co codamol

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Sertraline and co codamol

    Quote Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    Well its been a week at 75mg now and still suffering. Not sure if im any better than i was or not, getting a bit annoyed with the continuous anxiety and bad guts!
    You're unlikely to see any improvement for some time yet, except possibly from a placebo response. ADs are not fast acting meds. Nick.

    I think the propranalol might actually be working because i seem to be better for the morning after i take 40mg but then get a bit worse towards the afternoon. Im wondering if i should be taking more than just the 1 dose in the morning?
    Propranolol has only a short half-life, some 4-5 hours, so immediate release formulations will typically run out of steam within 10 hours. It is usually taken in 2-3 divided doses. Extended/sustained/slow-release formulations are effective for about 24 hours.
    __________________
    The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    251

    Re: Sertraline and co codamol

    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    You're unlikely to see any improvement for some time yet, except possibly from a placebo response. ADs are not fast acting meds. Nick.
    Ah ye i know they took a long time when i first started them, possibly 8 weeks or so! I just wish i could feel a bit better!




    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Propranolol has only a short half-life, some 4-5 hours, so immediate release formulations will typically run out of steam within 10 hours. It is usually taken in 2-3 divided doses. Extended/sustained/slow-release formulations are effective for about 24 hours.
    Ah ok, that seems to make sense i suppose because i take 40mg first thing in the morning with the sertraline and by about lunch time i start getting anxious again with the shakes, sweats, etc. I have a follow up drs appointment tomorrow so will ask if i can take 40mg twice a day and see what they say.


    Still managing to get to work but its a bloody struggle feeling as bad as i do!
    The dr asked if i had been taking any supplements too and i have been taking apetamin for a long time to try and gain weight. The dr said its main ingredient is cyproheptadine which causes anxiety so ive had to stop taking that now too on the instructions of the dr.

    Nick

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Sertraline and co codamol

    Quote Originally Posted by wareing77 View Post
    The dr asked if i had been taking any supplements too and i have been taking apetamin for a long time to try and gain weight. The dr said its main ingredient is cyproheptadine which causes anxiety so ive had to stop taking that now too on the instructions of the dr.
    If you want to gain weight, Nick, then mirtazapine would be a better bet if you can convince your GP that it can be safely taken with sertraline. It's main side-effect is weight gain from the powerful carbohydrate craving it often induces. It may reduce your anxiety level too.

    As for supplements, Omega-3 fatty acids/fish oil increase hippocampal neurogenesis just as ADs do, though to a milder degree (so does exercise, btw). Magnesium may also help. OTOH, many supplements promoted for anxiety/depression such as GABA, 5-HTP and L-Tryptophan are snake oil.
    __________________
    The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Diazipam and Co-codamol
    By Meewah in forum Diazepam/Valium
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-13, 21:26
  2. Co-codamol advice please
    By Questioner in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-12-11, 13:27
  3. co-codamol 30-/500 withdrawal IBS ?
    By tamo in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-06-11, 23:25
  4. fluoxetine and co codamol
    By josparks in forum Fluoxetine / Prozac
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-12-10, 23:51
  5. co codamol for pain
    By berkshiregirl in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-10, 20:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •