Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little voice in my head

Re: A little voice in my head

Definitely agree with what your saying nigel

I just need to learn to get over it

Hi...

I really liked your explanation Nigel...

Broken Mind ( I hope not by the way ), you may be under some stress, hence that little voice. Maybe you could challenge it with a voice that says, "this is nonsense, whatever I do, anything bad that might happen will happen anyway and is beyond my control. So, get stuffed little voice! I'm not going to take any notice of you and will take as much time as I want to finish my work"...or something like that.

You wouldn't believe the chatter in my head! I'd give much for a little voice now and then.

Sweet Dreams and Best Wishes

Hey allen

Thats really good advice - im definitely going to try it tomorrow.

Ive been thinking that OCD is always there in peoples minds but when the mind is weakened by anxiety or depression the OCD traits grip onto the weakend part of the mind and will feed the intrusive thoughts into the mind till you fight it off.

I just need to find a way to strengthen my mind

Hi Broken Mind

Hope the advice worked, if not, give it some time and try again. Try not to be too discouraged if you don't get where you think you ought to be.

I agree with your explanation. It's always the strain of worry and doubt that makes these annoying and intrusive thoughts so noticeable.

Really like your quote by the way...I'm still waiting for my reward and fighting spirit (it's a long queue!)...I'm sure it will get to me one day. I just hope I can recognise it when it comes!

All the best

It has helped a bit - im starting to feel a bit 'free' but im still very trapped by it all.

Your reward will come one day - just dont let it slip past you, its well deserved!

Stacey

Hey...thanks Stacey.

Glad to hear there's been some small improvement. Better than none eh?
    What do you mean when you use the word trapped?

I know it's not easy and it won't happen overnight but if you can keep some positive self-talk going, that feeling of freedom is bound to grow.

I have many restrictions in my life. All self-imposed. Perhaps I will never be truly free of some of them, but simply recognising them in the first place is a big step forward.

Hope this helps...

Best wishes

Trapped in the sense that this 'voice' controls the real me

Does that make sense at all?

omg im really glad to have found this thread.
    Ive been going thru hell for the last couple of weeks cus of horrible intrusive thoughts.
    Like when im in a traffic jam getting out the car and just leaving it. And other thoughts that are much worse but i wouldnt dare repeat.
    Its like theres someone telling me to do something to get a reaction from people. It takes me all my time not to let that little voice in my head control me.
    I cant understand why this is happening when for the first time in 2 years I have begun to feel happiness and hope for the future again.
    I even made an appointment to see my dr cus of my strange thoughts but cancelled it cus I feel ashamed and embarrassed.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi Lynne

First of all, thank you. You've made me realise its not just me. It seems like once i get over one issue or learn how to control it this popped along. I cant stand it. Its REALLY getting me down.

I spend all day thinking about these horrible horrible thoughts.

Even when i pray theres something there telling god that i dont really mean the stuff im saying when infact i do.

I think im going insane and im really really scared.

Stacey

Hi *Broken_Mind*

I understand EXACTLY how you feel. I find myself thinking that if I don't do things by a certain time something bad will happen. Usually its things like if I don't reach the traffic lights before they turn red something bad will happen or if I don't get a job done something bad will happen. I sometimes think these things even when I know that the probability if reaching the traffic lights before they turn red is very low, which makes me think that maybe I want bad things to happen. Other times I feel myself getting annoyed at people, especially if they are stopping me from completing a job in time, I start to get anxious. I get obsessed if I see 1 magpie and then Im anxious all day until 1 bad thing happens no matter how small, then I can think "Im ok thats my 1 bad thing". it drives me mad sometimes!! also got a weird thing going on with odd numbers :s

Unfortunately I haven't got much advise for you, but its nice to know that others understand and that Im not mad (I think )
    Hope this eases for the both of us

XxXx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information