Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Increasing from 20-30 - positive stories?

Re: Increasing dose

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    I’m still get the occasional burning sensation anxiety spell thing too. I know it’s a side effect as I didn’t get it before the meds
    Burning sensation of the skin? That is a side-effect of most serotonergic ADs. The skin uses about as much serotonin as the brain. It usually does ease after a while, but as with everything about ADs, this isn't a guarantee. The fact it has diminished in recent weeks improves the odds.

One other thing to be aware of is these meds increase skin photo sensitivity so apply sun block to exposed skin if going outdoors for extended periods.

Thanks PDU that’s really interesting - didn’t know about the photo sensitivity thing. Have you heard about people getting aching legs and burning feet as a side effect? I’ve really noticed it the last few weeks. The burning feet I especially get at night. Notice the legs in the morning (particularly thighs)

Re the skin thing I do remember having it at the beginning last time too but it did go away so hopefully it will this time. Do the other types of antidepressants not have the same side effects as SSRIs?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Interesting as insomnia is one of the most common SSRI side-effects. Was it also sedating when you first began taking citalopram?
    It’s funny because it makes you feel tired on the other hand stops you from sleeping , I took my dose at 9am yesterday and slept tiny bit better so will keep taking it in the mornings.
    windywel I get restless feet , mainly my right foot , it’s constantly on the move.
    I sort of always had it but not as much as this .

Have you heard about people getting aching legs and burning feet as a side effect? I’ve really noticed it the last few weeks. The burning feet I especially get at night. Notice the legs in the morning (particularly thighs)
    Aching feet not so much, but burning feet yes. Serotonin is involved in regulating blood vessel tone, constriction and dilation.

Do the other types of antidepressants not have the same side effects as SSRIs?
    Depends on the AD. SNRIs have much the same side-effects, as does the TCA clomipramine which is the most potent serotonin and noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. The main side-effects of the other TCAs are constipation and dry-mouth.

Yes it’s the burning feet I have though its only really come on the last few weeks. Does it tend to be temporary or not? Also what about headaches?
    Last edited by Windywel; 29-11-19 at 00:11.

Yes it’s the burning feet I have though its only really come on the last few weeks. Does it tend to be temporary or not?
    Usually, yes.

Also what about headaches?
    Yes, for the same reason as the burning legs, blood vessel tone. Or it might just be a headache.

Cit for 9 weeks having a major blip

Hi all I am 9 weeks on cit for the second time - 7 weeks on 20. Was feeling a bit better and had an ok week last week but having a major blip this week - depression, crying, some anxiety, sleep terrible again and I’m really worried that the meds arent/have stopped working. I’ve been worried all along that they wouldn’t work a second time. Is it usual to have such a major blip or is this a relapse to do with the meds not working - help please! I’m feeling anxious and scared.

Re: Cit for 9 weeks having a major blip

Was feeling a bit better and had an ok week last week but having a major blip this week - depression, crying, some anxiety, sleep terrible again and I’m really worried that the meds arent/have stopped working. I’ve been worried all along that they wouldn’t work a second time. Is it usual to have such a major blip or is this a relapse to do with the meds not working
    If it worked last week then there is no reason why it isn't this week, however, blips do sometimes occur, especially at the beginning and/or at low doses.

Re: Cit for 9 weeks having a major blip

Do you know why they occur PDU? Shouldn’t the levels be stabilising now?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information