Thread: Missed a dose and was extremely dizzy.

Missed a dose and was extremely dizzy.

I skipped a dose of these after being upped to twice a day. I missed my night dose. I woke up feeling so dizzy, like I was drunk or badly hungover. Everything was spinning until I lay day. The mental health team came around just as I'd woke up and I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it down the stairs because I was so dizzy. I quickly took my morning tablets and proceeded downstairs. I sat down and spoke to them. Told them I missed a dose and felt very dizzy and they didn't seem concerned. Infact, they discharged me. By the time they left the dizziness was gone. Shortly after I jumped some rope and was fine.

Oddly no panic or anxiety during this. Usually I'd be freaking out.

Is this a common side effect to missing a dose of these meds? It was either these, or the promazine. I didn't take my double dose of promazine either. It wouldn't be the diazepam I know that.

Re: Missed a dose and was extremely dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Is this a common side effect to missing a dose of these meds? It was either these, or the promazine. I didn't take my double dose of promazine either.
    Dizziness is a common withdrawal symptom of many psych meds, but my money would be on it being mostly in response to the missed paroxetine dose. Paroxetine has a short half-life and no active metabolite to extend its activity so withdrawal symptoms can come on quickly and be severe. If/when the time comes to discontinue it don't try to wean off it directly. It is far better to switch to the very long half-life fluoxetine (Prozac) and wean off it.

Just to corroborate what PDU says, it took me a horrendously short time for the side effects to kick in after I stopped taking Paroxetine. Quitting it cold turkey is one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Oh dear. I've got alarms set now to make sure I don't miss them, even if I do fall asleep. I can't do that again.

@BlueIris I can not even begin to imagine what that felt like coming off them cold turkey.

Massive brain zaps, mostly, making me feel as though I'd been suddenly sent into fast-forward or rewind every minute or two.

Worse, I was commuting by rush-hour tube at the time.

Thread Information