Missed a dose and was extremely dizzy.

I skipped a dose of these after being upped to twice a day. I missed my night dose. I woke up feeling so dizzy, like I was drunk or badly hungover. Everything was spinning until I lay day. The mental health team came around just as I'd woke up and I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it down the stairs because I was so dizzy. I quickly took my morning tablets and proceeded downstairs. I sat down and spoke to them. Told them I missed a dose and felt very dizzy and they didn't seem concerned. Infact, they discharged me. By the time they left the dizziness was gone. Shortly after I jumped some rope and was fine.

Oddly no panic or anxiety during this. Usually I'd be freaking out.

Is this a common side effect to missing a dose of these meds? It was either these, or the promazine. I didn't take my double dose of promazine either. It wouldn't be the diazepam I know that.

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Re: Missed a dose and was extremely dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Is this a common side effect to missing a dose of these meds? It was either these, or the promazine. I didn't take my double dose of promazine either.
    Dizziness is a common withdrawal symptom of many psych meds, but my money would be on it being mostly in response to the missed paroxetine dose. Paroxetine has a short half-life and no active metabolite to extend its activity so withdrawal symptoms can come on quickly and be severe. If/when the time comes to discontinue it don't try to wean off it directly. It is far better to switch to the very long half-life fluoxetine (Prozac) and wean off it.

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Just to corroborate what PDU says, it took me a horrendously short time for the side effects to kick in after I stopped taking Paroxetine. Quitting it cold turkey is one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Oh dear. I've got alarms set now to make sure I don't miss them, even if I do fall asleep. I can't do that again.

@BlueIris I can not even begin to imagine what that felt like coming off them cold turkey.

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Massive brain zaps, mostly, making me feel as though I'd been suddenly sent into fast-forward or rewind every minute or two.

Worse, I was commuting by rush-hour tube at the time.

Thread Information