Thread: Regret - greyish specks in clear phlegm, so scared.

Regret - greyish specks in clear phlegm, so scared.

Hi. I'm a 19 y/o who has used cannabis relatively heavily from early 2018 through a bong and quitting to dry-herb vaporising somewhere around early 2019. My vape has recently broken, and in the month or so in the interrim i switched back to using a bong. Apologies for the discussion of substances, I only bring it up to segway into..

Recently after using my newly returned vape, i recently coughed. I have not checked my phlegm before, but as i spat it out into a tissue i noticed that (And here's where the gross part happens, sorry), that suspended in the white mucus were what looked like little splodges of grey particulate matter. Only when i'd cough and i felt phlegm come up from my lungs did this similar particulate-like abnormalities show in the phlegm, i can tell theyre not from somewhere in my mouth. Under a bright like they look more yellowy brownish, but no tint of any red or anything. I naturally really began to worry about lung cancer etc, and managed to calm myself down but couldn't stop obsessively checking by making myself cough when i didnt need to and spitting the results onto a tissue. It's 6 am, i've been up all night and just got back from the bathroom with a little red dot on the tissue. It looked reddish, and i think it might have been blood. I had to squint to see it, so it's obviously not much at all but im freaking out.

Im of course stopping all vapor-based cannabis use permanently, which is really sucky since it's helped massively with my anxiety in the past, but now im so terrified of having lung cancer i feel like i could cry

Please, any experiences, thoughts or assurance would help so much (and even if you dont wanna post my pm box is always open). I feel exhausted and drained. Sorry for the rambly post. - I should mention that a doctor has listened to my lungs with a stethoscope about 3-4 ish years ago, long before i had used cannabis and did not hear anything unusual, though im not sure how much that clears me. bleurgh.
    Last edited by JoanB; 23-11-19 at 01:34.

Re: Regret - greyish specks in clear phlegm, so scared.

I have since been to a doctor who said the chances of getting lung cancer at my age would be like winning the lottery. My BPM was 134!!!! He gave me some beta blockers and said a recent study has shown theyre effective at helping anxiety as well as stuff like my through the roof heartrate. He listened to my lungs with a stethoscope and i have a high blood oxygen concentration according to a pulse oximeter. All of this, and I still have this creeping worry of lung cancer. Eurgh

pic of associated phlegm. Warning! Gross - https://imgur.com/a/mnyCqOD
    Last edited by JoanB; 21-11-19 at 18:32. Reason: Added pic of phlegm incase it helps anyone.

Thread Information