Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police on their way. Thanks Mental Health Team.

Re: Police on their way. Thanks Mental Health Team.

James,

I'm sorry to hear you are being messed around by the NHS. It's a tale so many on here and elsewhere will understand when it comes to mental health (and physical health).

I would take that anger & frustration and do as pulisa wisely says. Don't play into their hands by acting with violence (whether to people or property) because they will just regard you as someone unstable and kicking off. They will reach for the meds to stop that and not care about why you got there. Take all this and get behind your complaint. Demand action and show them all their errors. They won't be able to explain many of them and they will squirm into trying to steer the conversation away from their failings.

Will you get anywhere with the NHS in terms of change? Highly doubtful when there are so many much bigger systematic failures they try to wriggle out from under but you can add to the voices. But more importantly you can use this as a reason to make them take action rather than brush you off whilst they firefight some other issue elsewhere with someone else. Make it a complaint and take it beyond the fob offs of a nurse on the phone.

It would be worth your partner doing this too. They can dismiss you as unbalanced & irrational but they can't do that with her. And she should be pretty annoyed that they have assessed her as responsible for your meds to now say the opposite, something which seems at odds with their care remit when they have been giving you meds before. It's full of holes and shows their management to be pitiful.

I think your GP should also be pulled into dealing with them too. GP's are very fond of sitting back once someone is referred but they remain your primary care professional and we should use them to chase up remote professionals who see us more as numbers. Make them work for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Nobody until tomorrow and I learned today the email says to "take James off diazepam". This is all a coy and a plan they have done this on purpose to attack me. Those 2 ladies there hate me.
    So you consider your life not worth living without diazepam and think that certain individuals in the HTT are out to derail you? Yet you were personally handed a supply of diazepam in A&E which you scattered all over the floor?

I think it was the other tablets James is on, and not diazepam (which was the one he didn't have)?!

I thought his partner was in charge of his meds-seroxat or diazepam-in view of the recent episode? Surely he wouldn't be handed medication by an A&E doctor in view of his behaviour at the time?

What do I know though..although I have spent a fair amount of hours in A&E with my son very recently

He said - I think - they were the ones the ambulance staff made him bring from home, to take to A and E with him to show the doctors.

Withdrawl from whatever meds James is on, sudden as it will be, sounds like a really bad idea. (with them thrown over the floor)

Sorry, my mistake. Seroxat is a horrible drug to withdraw from and a horrible drug to be on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information