Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm back from the hospital. But, I learned something

Re: I'm back from the hospital. But, I learned something

I've just read your hospital drama story and must admit that I avoid anything with 'hospital' or 'doctor' written in the title for the exact reasons you told.
    But this time I did and wasn't disappointed with the confirm of what I already know through my own experiences.
    I'm just sorry you had to go through it.
    I don't have faith or trust in either.
    And the reason I am posting is because I wanted to say how I admire you for picking yourself up and having the determination and soul to do that. Never underestimate the power of 'Will' and I think you probably realise now, you have to use all your determination and knowledge to look after yourself, for you and your family.
    It's not an easy road, but it is achievable.
    Never think you are bothering or hurting anyone on here, we are the people that understand.

Im so glad that you have some treatment in place now. You've brought to light that mental health treatment is nowhere near on a par with physical health treatment at the moment. A&E needs to be able to intervene in mental health and physical health at the point of need.

It sounds like terrible practice on the night you went to A&E and the 'follow me' and throwing you out was a duplicitous act.

Take care and do remember that it is important that you are treated and it should not be that you feel useless and feel the systems useles, thats just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Im so glad that you have some treatment in place now. You've brought to light that mental health treatment is nowhere near on a par with physical health treatment at the moment. A&E needs to be able to intervene in mental health and physical health at the point of need.

It sounds like terrible practice on the night you went to A&E and the 'follow me' and throwing you out was a duplicitous act.

Take care and do remember that it is important that you are treated and it should not be that you feel useless and feel the systems useles, thats just not good enough.
    Thanks Mezz. The complaint letter was submitted yesterday morning and today I got an email back to confirm it's being dealt with seriously. They're now sending an investigating officer to my house.

I don' wish anything negative on anybody, but I hope the people involved in malpractice are dealt with accordingly. Such people (such as the lady from the HTT) should not be working with mentally unwell people. I understand their job is demanding, and difficult, but they need to remain professional. If you're in the job of dealing with mentally unwell people you should probably have a passion for that doing that job, and want to make a positive difference on somebody's life. At least that's what I'd assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I've just read your hospital drama story and must admit that I avoid anything with 'hospital' or 'doctor' written in the title for the exact reasons you told.
    But this time I did and wasn't disappointed with the confirm of what I already know through my own experiences.
    I'm just sorry you had to go through it.
    I don't have faith or trust in either.
    And the reason I am posting is because I wanted to say how I admire you for picking yourself up and having the determination and soul to do that. Never underestimate the power of 'Will' and I think you probably realise now, you have to use all your determination and knowledge to look after yourself, for you and your family.
    It's not an easy road, but it is achievable.
    Never think you are bothering or hurting anyone on here, we are the people that understand.
    Thanks Carnation. I discovered a tremendous amount of "will power" through all of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information