Thread: I need help!!!

I need help!!!

That’s it I’ve had enough anxiety all week I know it’s anxiety deep down but always at the back of mind it’s a case of what if it is heart problems I was anxiety free for 18 months and after some stress it all came back to me and tonight it’s come to a head when yet again I ended up at the hospital begging them to do an ecg so it would tell me what I already knew nothing was wrong!!! It needs to end where do I go from here I know I need to stop the googling and looking for reassurance but the latter has become a bit of a comfort thing for me i don’t even know what I did last time I literally woke up one day and no longer felt anxious I don’t know what the point of this point was but I needed to rant thank you to anyone that listened

Re: I need help!!!

Well fortunately you know what the answer is. Stop googling and looking for reassurance.

There is a period of discomfort where you have to use willpower to not do these things, but you can't recover unless you do.

Also, you were anxiety free for 18 months, so you know recovery is possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Well fortunately you know what the answer is. Stop googling and looking for reassurance.

There is a period of discomfort where you have to use willpower to not do these things, but you can't recover unless you do.

Also, you were anxiety free for 18 months, so you know recovery is possible right?
    Yes I know I just need to find some coping mechanisms I know I’ll be ok it’s just in the moment I panic and take myself away from the world thank you for your reply

Keep reminding yourself of how powerful stress can be rather than going down the road of looking for a reason for something you've already identified. The reaction to stress can be prolonged, so give yourself time and space to 'come down' again. Practice not googling and looking for reassurance. If they are ingrained habits, they'll take time to let go of.

You'll be fine though

Thread Information