Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
Oh dear! It appears the world has gone stark raving mad since I gave my word everything was coming up roses – barely six months ago! So I’ve popped back to apologise for contriving a false sense of optimism. Who’d have guessed some fiendishly contagious disease was already stalking the Earth (who, other than conspiracy theorists, soothsayers and the insightful, that is)?... I’m referring, of course, to the highly virulent, out of control Political Correctness bug and its Retrospective Correctness mutations. But on top of that there’s Covid 19 with which to contend. Difficult times indeed (but ‘The Great Escape’ formerly known as Brexit will still turn out fine).

So, finding myself with time on my hands and not wishing the devil to find work for them, I pondered on the weighty question of which piece of music was most fitting for these troubled times: “Gloomy Sunday”…. “Dark Side Of The Moon”…? No! It had to be none other than “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” penned by ever-optimistic cheeky chappie Eric-The-Idle for “The Life Of Brian”.

Here’s my version (most appropriately based on that played by misanthrope Melvin Udall in “As Good As It Gets”) Attachment 5087

Despite my including the jazzy break, it has more cheese than a 70’s Ploughman’s Lunch. Still, many a good tune played on the old organ, so some say but… perhaps this might not be one of them.
Welcome back, Pain