Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Worried about skin cancer

Re: Worried about skin cancer

Of course you do, and I can confirm that biopsies are often used for psoriasis.

I think you're going to be fine on all counts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Of course you do, and I can confirm that biopsies are often used for psoriasis.

I think you're going to be fine on all counts, though.
    I keep focusing on the cancer aspect. I’ve accepted that skin cancer isn’t high on the list of possibilities, but there is a type of cancerous node that can show up inside of the belly button and is usually indicative of advanced cancer in the abdominal/pelvic area. Saw this on one of the major medical websites out there.

This has been going on for 3-4 months now and wish I didn’t have to enter the holiday season with the idea of having cancer dominating my thoughts
    Last edited by beq45; 11-12-19 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by beq45 View Post
    I keep focusing on the cancer aspect. I’ve accepted that skin cancer isn’t high on the list of possibilities, but........

This has been going on for 3-4 months now and wish I didn’t have to enter the holiday season with the idea of having cancer dominating my thoughts
    Bottom line is it's all on you. You have it it within your power to accept the facts or feed your dragon and the dragon really loves "buts". Remind me again what you're doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m starting to become convinced I have advanced cancer.

I’m 29 and when I was 27, I first experienced a strange issue that involved discharge from my belly button and a flaky rash. The first two doctors I saw suspected an infection, and the second doctor recommended a dermatologist, mainly because they had noticed a red “lesion” inside of my belly button. The second doctor thought that could be a cyst, and I regret not asking more questions at the time due to the word “lesion” being used. The dermatologist said I had eczema or psoriasis and gave me a steroid cream that worked wonderfully for about a year. I noticed recently that the rash had appeared again, but it’s been much less persistent. What concerned me is I noticed a small red bump inside of my belly button, so I went to the doctor, who agreed with the dermatologist’s diagnosis of eczema and said that’s why this issue has been appearing in the winter for me, and seemingly goes away when the weather gets warmer

My concern after reading some case studies online is that this bump could be something called a Sister Mary Joseph nodule, which appears in the belly button and almost always indicates end-stage cancer somewhere else in the body (usually gastric cancer in men) with a typical survival rate of no more than 10 months. It can even apparently appear in people who feel otherwise healthy. I’m almost positive that this bump has been with me the entire time, so about 14 months, but I’m not sure. If it has been with me the entire time, that would make me feel better; I have had 4 doctors look at me so far, but this is such a strange issue that I can’t help but think they could have missed something.
    Last edited by beq45; 08-02-21 at 21:38.

Re: I’m starting to become convinced I have advanced cancer.

I saw Sister Mary Joseph and now I have Po-Jama People by Frank Zappa running through my head ~lol~ "Mother Mary and Joseph, I'd wish they'd all go away"

Positive thoughts and Hoy Hoy Hoy!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is a classic case of why self diagnosis in the face of multiple professional diagnosis' is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    This is a classic case of why self diagnosis in the face of multiple professional diagnosis' is a terrible idea.
    It probably is a bad idea, but I don't want to be that person in a case study who initially presented with seemingly benign symptoms and was diagnosed with one thing, only to end up diagnosed with something much more severe a month later. You can argue that it is a case study for a reason, but still...

This is a non issue as you have had treatment that took care of the original issue. Cause and effect plain and simple. By your own words you’d be dead by now. Trust the medical professionals on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by beq45 View Post
    It probably is a bad idea, but I don't want to be that person in a case study who initially presented with seemingly benign symptoms and was diagnosed with one thing, only to end up diagnosed with something much more severe a month later. You can argue that it is a case study for a reason, but still...

Nope.

I you constantly look for the possibility of being that one 'worst case scenario' your life will be eternally miserable. You think you're keeping yourself safe, but you are just creating misery.

You're far better off assuming the best and leaving it to chance. You will be a lot happier.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    This is a non issue as you have had treatment that took care of the original issue. Cause and effect plain and simple. By your own words you’d be dead by now. Trust the medical professionals on this one.
    The treatment seemed to alleviate the symptoms that bothered me the most at the time (rash and discharge), but I'm not sure if that the red lesion/bump inside of my belly button has been there for 16 months or so. I'm like 99% sure this is the same spot I saw all the way back then and that this is what my doctor had pointed out, but I wish I was 100% sure. I Googled "red bump in belly button" or something like that, which is how I came across the results related to cancer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information