Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about skin cancer

Re: Worried about skin cancer

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyMrs View Post
    I've literally never heard of skin cancer presenting itself that way. I see a dermatologist every 6 months and am very aware of what to look for. Based on my history I have to be on the lookout pretty regularly. Your doctor is sending you to the derma because you have a skin ISSUE, not because he suspects you have skin cancer. Skin is the dermas thing, not your GP's. Try not to stress, you have nothing to be worried about.
    I agree with what you are saying, and that you. I am finally starting to get over my concern about skin cancer, but now my more immediate concern is whatever I have turning into a flesh eating virus, like necrotizing fasciitis. My doctor used a term related to infection of the navel area called omphalitis and after doing some research, I read that it can lead to necrotizing fasciitis. It's one of those things where the risk is probably low, but I am concerned that I have been letting this go on too long and that I am putting myself at risk by not being on heavy duty oral antibiotics or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by beq45 View Post
    my more immediate concern is whatever I have turning into a flesh eating virus, like necrotizing fasciitis.
    I don't imagine we'll be seeing the headline on the Daily Mail - "Man eaten by his belly button!"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree with what you are saying, and that you. I am finally starting to get over my concern about skin cancer, but now my more immediate concern is whatever I have turning into a flesh eating virus, like necrotizing fasciitis. My doctor used a term related to infection of the navel area called omphalitis and after doing some research, I read that it can lead to necrotizing fasciitis. It's one of those things where the risk is probably low, but I am concerned that I have been letting this go on too long and that I am putting myself at risk by not being on heavy duty oral antibiotics or something like that.
    If you actually had something like that...don't you think you would be pretty sick by now?

So I saw the dermatologist the other day, and he said without hesitation after examining the spot and and after I showed him a picture of the rash and discharge at it’s worst that it looked to be either a fungal infection or psoriasis. After I mentioned my concern about skin cancer, he mentioned doing a biopsy if the issue persists after using a prescription cream. I’m just concerned because he mentioned doing a biopsy and because nothing else has worked so far :(

But he would know if it was cancer or not

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    But he would know if it was cancer or not
    I would assume so, but why suggest a biopsy then? My concern is the two other doctors I’ve seen so far seemed to have no idea what my issue is.

I'm in a bad spot today. I did some research and found out that even though skin cancer inside of the belly button is virtually unheard of, you can get cancerous tumors in that area that have spread from the intestines/abdominal area and if you do, it is a sign of advanced cancer. I'm thinking that this must be what I have because even though none of the 3 doctors I've seen seemed concerned, none of them seemed to have a clue what is happening to me. I'm upset at myself because I feel like I waited too long to take action originally and that after 3 months of dealing with this, I'm really hoping that it's not cancer. I'm not even going to be able to enjoy the holidays coming up because of this.

I did some research
    Why are you doing this to yourself?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The chances of you having anything nasty are next to nothing. Quit researching, as you don't have the expertise or the mindset to be realistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why are you doing this to yourself?

Positive thoughts
    I try not to, but the fact that nothing has worked so far is concerning to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information