Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Some background: unfortunately I've never been someone who took dental health as seriously as other people, I'd often brush my teeth like once a day and some days if I'm not going out, I'd miss a day.

I'm quite ashamed of this.. it's also because I've had so many other worries that I pushed personal hygiene back and didn't pay as much attention to it

And also I eat a lot of junk and sugary things which can't be good for my teeth

I now brush twice a day with Oral-B pro toothpaste and gargle salt water once a day

I had a filling in September and for some reason the tooth has still been painful and sensitive ever since I had the filling

I also have a bad habit which I'm now stopping of biting hard on my fingers with my front teeth, which started hurting yesterday, and I think that's partly the reason

But now I literally CAN'T EAT on my right side, the entire right side of my mouth (teeth) hurts if I put pressure on any of the teeth, even ones that I've never had problems with

This all started yesterday too, it used to be pain in the tooth that had the filling but now it's literally all teeth on my right side

I don't think it's because I clench my teeth or anything, I've never done that, I bite my fingers but as I say I'm stopping that

But it's literally awful, I hate it, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy

Of course I'm scared that it could be a brain tumour causing problems in my teeth, which can happen, or something along those lines- since it's happening so suddenly

Or could it be psychosomatic?
    Last edited by Toby2000; 21-11-19 at 20:41.

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

It won't be a brain tumour - Tobyyyyyyy, its your TEETH You need to go back to your dentist like asap and explain the continuing pain from the filled tooth (maybe if it was a very deep filling it has affected the nerve and caused trauma or even the nerve to die, this can happen in some teeth), it is possible also there is some infection that is affecting the root or there is a crack....whatever it is it needs a dental xray to determine what is going on. Referred pain can happen in the mouth, it is very sensitive to it, and I've even heard of some people who have the problem in the top jaw but the majority of pain is felt in the lower jaw !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It won't be a brain tumour - Tobyyyyyyy, its your TEETH You need to go back to your dentist like asap and explain the continuing pain from the filled tooth (maybe if it was a very deep filling it has affected the nerve and caused trauma or even the nerve to die, this can happen in some teeth), it is possible also there is some infection that is affecting the root or there is a crack....whatever it is it needs a dental xray to determine what is going on. Referred pain can happen in the mouth, it is very sensitive to it, and I've even heard of some people who have the problem in the top jaw but the majority of pain is felt in the lower jaw !!!
    and I've even heard of some people who have the problem in the top jaw but the majority of pain is felt in the lower jaw !!!

^^^^^^^ that part!!!! I have had this. I went to the dentist was telling her my bottom tooth was hurting me something terrible. She said she was suspecting the culprit was a tooth on the top and I kept arguing that it was not. In the end I figured she went to school and I didn't and so it was probably wish to listen to her. I'm glad I did cause she was right. Toothaches are the worst 🤨.... I hope you are able to get it treated and get to feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I know but I read something about a man who had general toothache and then it was a brain tumour causing it

I really don't want to go back since I only went a couple of months ago and I'm scared that I'll have to have a root canal or something... that would be the worst. I've never really been by myself either and it's a nightmare to get to, and my parents probably won't take me since I've been recently.

But maybe it would be worth going because as I'm typing, the pain has started again. I just want to RIP MY TEETH OUT.

Thanks for letting me know that a top tooth can cause bottom teeth to hurt. That would make sense

I HATE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    and I've even heard of some people who have the problem in the top jaw but the majority of pain is felt in the lower jaw !!!

^^^^^^^ that part!!!! I have had this. I went to the dentist was telling her my bottom tooth was hurting me something terrible. She said she was suspecting the culprit was a tooth on the top and I kept arguing that it was not. In the end I figured she went to school and I didn't and so it was probably wish to listen to her. I'm glad I did cause she was right. Toothaches are the worst 廊.... I hope you are able to get it treated and get to feeling better soon.
    That would explain a lot. Maybe I'll have to go back then...

Ughhhh I just hate toothache. It's the worst thing ever

Is there anything that can be done, other than a filling, to restore my teeth? Like, will "pro"toothpaste actually help restore or just prevent?

Not if they're already decayed, but yes a decent toothpaste and proper brushing can help prevent problems or deal with sensitivity. If its that bad, go back to the dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Is there anything that can be done, other than a filling, to restore my teeth? Like, will "pro"toothpaste actually help restore or just prevent?
    No, the toothpaste won’t fix it.
    I would go back to the dentist and he’ll most likely make it better. Even if you have to go through a bit of discomfort, it’ll be worth it if you can go back to eating without pain.
    I had something similar for weeks and it was miserable. I was taking paracetamol 4 times a day for about 2-3 weeks until my dentist fixed it in half an hour.

You could potentially try massaging your pro toothpaste into where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    No, the toothpaste won’t fix it.
    I would go back to the dentist and he’ll most likely make it better. Even if you have to go through a bit of discomfort, it’ll be worth it if you can go back to eating without pain.
    I had something similar for weeks and it was miserable. I was taking paracetamol 4 times a day for about 2-3 weeks until my dentist fixed it in half an hour.

You could potentially try massaging your pro toothpaste into where it hurts.
    What problem did you have? I'm taking a lot of ibuprofen (in moderation)

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    Not if they're already decayed, but yes a decent toothpaste and proper brushing can help prevent problems or deal with sensitivity. If its that bad, go back to the dentist.
    My teeth aren't REALLY bad, when I went for a check up the dentist only noticed one problem which was a filling was needed

But yeah the pain and sensitivity is a problem. My dad has ordered me some toothpaste for sensitive teeth so hopefully that'll help

I'll have to go back to the dentist

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information