Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ba ha ha, this will make you all WINCE, I have dental work done without pain killers. I DID have a root canal done with some though, as that was a step too far - but my two crowns and fillings have been done 'au naturel'.
    Ugh, Carys! It does make me wince. I did have a small surgical procedure in my mouth that they started before the local anaesthetic had taken effect, and almost jumped out of the chair. I agree with Toby though, I can totally tell when the drill is down to the nerve. You're a brave lady

Yes, you can tell if its near the nerve but the pain is very fleeting and its amazing how you can use your mind to overcome it. My dentist was very hesitant to go with my plan a few years ago, as I loathe the feeling of the injection site being numb for so long.....as he thought I would jump at the wrong moment and cause something awful to happen. If it becomes painful, and yes it does, the most I have done is made a small noise. He has told me how long he will be continuing and I've been fine. I don't advocate it for everybody, but it is achievable apart from major work to the root.

I had 2 old fillings removed and replaced. He replaced one but the ache was still there, so a few weeks later he replaced the other. He had suggested root canal but thankfully it wasn’t needed.
    I’ve also had a new filling break, it happens. Did you book your appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Perhaps you need an extra couple of pricks to make sure you wouldn't feel a sledgehammer if it was swung at your gob
    Not sure how to respond to this

I'm just gonna say as a general reply/update (not that you're all anxiously waiting for one or anything-the teeth in that emoji are very topical)

The pain now just won't go away, it's constantly there and I can barely sleep

I slept for an hour tonight and woke up feeling like S**T. I have chills, a headache, slight nausea and of course the damn toothache, which, I'll re-iterate, won't go away even if I take painkillers. I've tried ibuprofen and paracetamol today. I also bought

I'm going to try and book at an emergency dental surgery for today. I just want them to take it out, I don't care about any root canals

Hopefully the end of this pain is in sight. Though I'm betting that it'll hurt a bit after the extraction but it's better than it hurting all the time until I can get in at my usual dentist which will probably be like a week's wait

:(

Good luck, Toby - you're being really smart here.

Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck Toby!

Thanks everyone

My Dad agreed to take me and said I can borrow the money to pay for it

I'm hoping they can fit me in at the dentist, I'll find out at 9

Also, one more thing, I've had fever-like symptoms all night including achey arms, chills, feeling warm in general, a slight headache- my mum felt my head and told me that I was warm. If you read my threads you know that she's brutally honest about that, to say the least

But could I have an infection? There's no abscess in my mouth or anything. Or could the toothache be annoying me so much that it's making me feel ill?

Of course somewhere in my mind is the thought of cancer, but I don't want to go there just yet

I tried a few places and they don't take emergency appointments on Saturdays from people who aren't registered with them

So then I called 111 who asked me questions and I explained the cold-like symptoms and the pain etc

This is the scary part... she said 'I'll get a clinician to ring to back immediately' or something like that.

Doesn't that sound like she thinks it could be cancer?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information