Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    My mind is jumping straight to oral cancer but whatever it is, it has to be somewhat serious, right?
    Nope, just because it hurts doesn’t mean it’s serious at all. Case and point - paper cuts, stubbing a toe, biting the inside of your lip, hitting the (not so) funny bone. - All hurt more than the more serious injuries and issues I’ve actually had.

Hope that the dentist is able to help get you out of pain nice and quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Nope, just because it hurts doesn’t mean it’s serious at all. Case and point - paper cuts, stubbing a toe, biting the inside of your lip, hitting the (not so) funny bone. - All hurt more than the more serious injuries and issues I’ve actually had.
    Male nudists who forget to remove their "book mark" before slamming the book shut

My mind is jumping straight to oral cancer but whatever it is, it has to be somewhat serious, right?
    What is serious is your HA and how you react to normal reasons for physical symptoms. From oral cancer to brain tumors over a toothache? Definitely serious and needs treatment.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Just got back from the dentist

It's an abscess. I have to take antibiotics (amoxicillin) for 7 days before they take it out on Monday

Obviously I'm really down because I'm still in a lot of pain, but they can't take the tooth out until the swelling has gone down

PS. Sorry FMP, suggesting oral cancer was insensitive of me, I know you had it. Apologies. It just felt like a small lump

Oh my god the pain is excruciating... I have to wait until midnight (3 hours) to take painkillers too

Oh my god the pain is excruciating... I have to wait until midnight (3 hours) to take painkillers too
    Are you still only taking the ibuprofen?

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

abscesses do hurt a lot I had one a few years back, try salt mouthwashes as well as any painkillers you`re taking, you`ll feel miles better once it`s all dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    salt mouthwashes as well as any painkillers you`re taking, you`ll feel miles better once it`s all dealt with
    When my throat and mouth were mush from radiation treatment, I used a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Stir it up. Then swish it around in your mouth and spit it out. Do this every 1 to 2 hours during the day. It really helped along with the pain meds.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Are you still only taking the ibuprofen?

I've been told to take the ibuprofen and paracetamol together

But does that mean 2 ibuprofen and 2 paracetamol? I'm really confused and scared that it may be dangerous

When my throat and mouth were mush from radiation treatment, I used a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Stir it up. Then swish it around in your mouth and spit it out. Do this every 1 to 2 hours during the day. It really helped along with the pain meds.
    abscesses do hurt a lot I had one a few years back, try salt mouthwashes as well as any painkillers you`re taking, you`ll feel miles better once it`s all dealt with
    Thank you for the advice! I have tried salt water before but found they made my gums sore. Or was that just me imagining it?

I know it's an anti-septic so yeah I'll definitely start doing that tonight

I did order some special mouthwash that is supposed to help inflammation. Hopefully that helps also
    Last edited by Toby2000; 09-12-19 at 22:10.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information