Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Do not take the tooth out yourself! you will be asking for more pain in the long run, serious risk of infection. Even when a dentist take teeth out it’s possible they will fracture or break during the process, how would you deal with that on your own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd just take the fractured bits out

This pain is just AWFUL I can't stand it, I'll seriously do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'd just take the fractured bits out

This pain is just AWFUL I can't stand it, I'll seriously do anything
    This would be one of those decisions that really comes around to bite you Toby, I can’t stress enough how badly it can end up. Take some more painkillers and use the numbing gel, see if you can get into an earlier appointment at the dentists, ring up first thing tomorrow morning.

I know that tooth pain is awful, I’ve had a bad time with it myself, I do sympathise... but don’t take the tooth out, it’s really not as easy as you would think and you don’t need a nasty infection in there which will hurt a far deal more than what you have now.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

This would be one of those decisions that really comes around to bite you Toby, I can’t stress enough how badly it can end up. Take some more painkillers and use the numbing gel, see if you can get into an earlier appointment at the dentists, ring up first thing tomorrow morning.

I know that tooth pain is awful, I’ve had a bad time with it myself, I do sympathise... but don’t take the tooth out, it’s really not as easy as you would think and you don’t need a nasty infection in there which will hurt a far deal more than what you have now.

I'm having second thoughts. I'd be way too scared and I just read, as well as what you put, about the risks of it

The thing is with the dentist though, I'd need my dad to come with me and he'd have to take a little time off work and I'd have to pay £42. But I guess that's what has to happen

I'm having second thoughts. I'd be way too scared and I just read, as well as what you put, about the risks of it

The thing is with the dentist though, I'd need my dad to come with me and he'd have to take a little time off work and I'd have to pay £42. But I guess that's what has to happen
    Take painkillers regularly, keep on top of the pain rather than waiting for the pain to come back, until your able to have your dad come with you.

If you can cancel the order on the pliers you can put some of that money towards the £42, it would be much more well spent without the temptation or the risk factors.

Take painkillers regularly, keep on top of the pain rather than waiting for the pain to come back, until your able to have your dad come with you.

If you can cancel the order on the pliers you can put some of that money towards the £42, it would be much more well spent without the temptation or the risk factors.

But I can only take Neurofen 3x every 24 hours and I want to schedule it so I'm not in pain during the most important times

I'm taking some at noon, 12 exactly, it REALLY helped when I took some last night but it wore off

There are good reviews for the Orajel so I'm hoping that'll help too

I can just go into my bank to get the £42 but that's a whole trip into town with toothache :(

But I can only take Neurofen 3x every 24 hours and I want to schedule it so I'm not in pain during the most important times

I'm taking some at noon, 12 exactly, it REALLY helped when I took some last night but it wore off

There are good reviews for the Orajel so I'm hoping that'll help too

I can just go into my bank to get the £42 but that's a whole trip into town with toothache :(
    You can also take paracetamol along side the ibuprofen as they are different families of drugs, so alternate between the two to keep the pain at bay.

Yep my dentist would have me alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen when my toothache was horrible. You have to stay “ahead of the pain” and not miss a dose though.

Try to get into the dentist tomorrow, if need be, sit it out in the waiting room.

Buses, taxis, etc if the pain is that bad then decide whether you are going to find another way there if your dad can't take you.

Taking it out on your own is an old fashioned thing people have done but it's inadvisable. And to be honest, DIY surgery is a worrying prospect in a HAer for very obvious reasons! You could end up in a situation needing antibiotics for infection and will you go to a dentist and take them when you won't treat your roids? Best not to open that door really.

Well, luckily I didn't end up taking it out myself, I was VERY tempted to though, it's been agony

Luckily I managed to get in at the dentist for 15:25pm and my dad agreed to take me which I'm so grateful for

Honestly what also hurts is the roof of my mouth, there's a patch that feels inflamed (like when you burn the roof of your mouth) where I had the injection possibly last time I went a couple of weeks ago (it hurt straight after the injection too when I put my tongue on that area but it was only sore, not as it is now)- when I press down on it, it also sends pain to the tooth that hurts.

My mind is jumping straight to oral cancer but whatever it is, it has to be somewhat serious, right?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information