Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Why don’t you have a chat with a pharmacist about your worries Toby? They have excellent knowledge of medications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Okay I probably won't reduce the sertraline

Also I think the pharmacist will probably tell me not to take them together because of the bleeding risk

BUT I have also just ordered some "Gaviscon Double Action Tablets" which help prevent acid

• Neutralising excess stomach acid to help relieve discomfort (white layer).
    • Forming a protective barrier over the stomach contents to help soothe burning sensation in your chest (pink layer).
    Will that help?

You don’t know what the pharmacist will say Toby, they are the expert not you. Please speak to one, you could even do it by phone if you call the one who issued your prescription

I'll call them tomorrow and check if it's okay for me to take the combo just until Monday

In the meantime, I found this to cheer me up (not!)
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 11-12-19 at 11:42.

Disclaimer: I don't take ibuprofen these days because there are other painkillers that work just as well for my needs right now (migraines, occasional muscle and joint soreness and the like) without the minimal risk carried by NSAIDs.

That said, for the love of all that's holy, stop torturing yourself on Google?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't take ibuprofen these days because there are other painkillers that work just as well for my needs right now (migraines, occasional muscle and joint soreness and the like) without the minimal risk carried by NSAIDs.

That said, for the love of all that's holy, stop torturing yourself on Google?
    Ibuprofen works like a dream for me, I'd marry it if I could

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Also, during the week that I'm taking Ibuprofen I might only take 100mg of sertraline rather than 150mg to lessen the risk
    It's just a flag to ask a professional. If you looked into the foods you eat you might find some that have similar flags. So before you start ibuprofen you just ask the pharmacist first (mine ask you first before they sell it as they did today when I purchased some aspirin). They understand pharmacokinetics, you don't. How do you know dropping the Sert would decrease the risk they take into account? You don't. Unless you research into all that too you are guessing and for what? If you were taking something like a blood thinner then it's extremely important but not a lesser risk flag on the kind of med you are on just like my asthma meds which tell me to check before I take ibuprofen simply because it comes with a risk that is for a professional to manage (and disclaimers are there because severe cases may be impacted easily so it's to stop everyone so they don't get sued and may represent a very low risk to milder cases).

Toby you need to stop doing your own "research" and listen to the professionals.

But now that you are on a roll buying meds to help with your conditions it is time to order your roids medication.

Luckily the pain has completely vanished. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining.

It must be the antibiotics, because I haven't had to take Ibuprofen in over 24 hours

Yes it’ll be the antibiotics. When is your follow up appointment?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information