Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Re: Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Yes, you do have to go back, for the reasons I stated at the top - reasons that fillings can keep causing pain in a tooth.

You need to stop with the bizzare theories you are considering. Clearly you are already searching online for reasons for toothache and coming up with scenarios that are SO SO rare that most people won't even have heard of them! This can be a lesson to you now on how to rethink how you approach this - your teeth hurt, it has been somewhat like it since the filling, there is a problem with the teeth. Why look any further than the obvious ?
    Last edited by Carys; 21-11-19 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    My teeth aren't REALLY bad, when I went for a check up the dentist only noticed one problem which was a filling was needed

But yeah the pain and sensitivity is a problem. My dad has ordered me some toothpaste for sensitive teeth so hopefully that'll help

I'll have to go back to the dentist
    I meant if the pain is really bad, go back to the dentist. Sometimes you can have a cavity without knowing, although it sounds like it's probably related to the filling. I had one last year which caused pain and sensitivity on and off for months. The dentist held something really cold against it but it was ok. It's been fine since I switched toothpaste, but it is worth having it checked.

As for the brain tumour, remember what we talked about on your other thread about looking at the evidence? I know you were "yeah whatever", but it really might help you not to jump straight to the worst case scenario each time you have a common condition that most people get from time to time.

Awful toothache.... any advice? :(

Go to the dentist and take better care of your oral hygiene moving forward. It's really that simple. End of story.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, you do have to go back, for the reasons I stated at the top - reasons that fillings can keep causing pain in a tooth.

You need to stop with the bizzare theories you are considering. Clearly you are already searching online for reasons for toothache and coming up with scenarios that are SO SO rare that most people won't even have heard of them! This can be a lesson to you now on how to rethink how you approach this - your teeth hurt, it has been somewhat like it since the filling, there is a problem with the teeth. Why look any further than the obvious ?
    I know it was just the fact that it was happening all on the right side, and I know brain tumours can affect just one side of the face and not the other which is where I drew a comparison. I know it's dumb now though

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I meant if the pain is really bad, go back to the dentist. Sometimes you can have a cavity without knowing, although it sounds like it's probably related to the filling. I had one last year which caused pain and sensitivity on and off for months. The dentist held something really cold against it but it was ok. It's been fine since I switched toothpaste, but it is worth having it checked.

As for the brain tumour, remember what we talked about on your other thread about looking at the evidence? I know you were "yeah whatever", but it really might help you not to jump straight to the worst case scenario each time you have a common condition that most people get from time to time.
    I think I've found the cause... I looked in the mirror and I think a bit of the filling is out. But even before that it hurt, I think the problem was deeper in the tooth and the dentist filled over it. But yeah I think the sudden influx of pain is caused by the missing bit of filling

I'll book an appointment tomorrow morning for hopefully next week

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I know but I read something about a man who had general toothache and then it was a brain tumour causing it

I really don't want to go back since I only went a couple of months ago and I'm scared that I'll have to have a root canal or something... that would be the worst. I've never really been by myself either and it's a nightmare to get to, and my parents probably won't take me since I've been recently.

But maybe it would be worth going because as I'm typing, the pain has started again. I just want to RIP MY TEETH OUT.

Thanks for letting me know that a top tooth can cause bottom teeth to hurt. That would make sense

I HATE IT.
    Well just Rip em out problem solved.

'Hopefully next week', why not just go sooner if they can offer you sooner ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    'Hopefully next week', why not just go sooner if they can offer you sooner ?
    It doesn't seem realistic tbh

I'm mortally, utterly afraid of the dentist, as in, I haven't gone in years. That said, I can think of worse things than a root canal - if for some reason somebody offered me a choice between that and another meeting like the one I had on Monday where I had to spend the entire weekend wondering whether my sole income source was disappearing? I'd be in that chair like a shot and begging for the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm mortally, utterly afraid of the dentist, as in, I haven't gone in years. That said, I can think of worse things than a root canal - if for some reason somebody offered me a choice between that and another meeting like the one I had on Monday where I had to spend the entire weekend wondering whether my sole income source was disappearing? I'd be in that chair like a shot and begging for the needle.
    Sorry to hear thatwhere do you work?

I'm not really scared of having work done, but it's the sensation of the drill edging towards the nerve that is a killer for me. So in a sense I guess I'm scared? But needles don't scare me any more. But I'd do anything to have this ache go away

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information