Page 12 of 187 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Ill again

So basically my bowels have improved, and I don’t feel like ‘ill’ atm. My movements are still not back to being completely normal which worries me a bit, but at least the symptoms are getting better. However I am obsessing and over thinking about it now, which probably doesn’t help.

But I was just thinking, is it daft to have a chat with the doctor about this episode? Basically no one in my family has had a bug like this, and usually they are pretty contagious, right? So because I’ve only been ill, I’m wondering if it could have been a Crohns/Ulcerative Colitis flare up? Or am I way off the mark here? I’ve suggested this to my partner and she thinks I’m just being ridiculous, even suggesting my episode was anxiety - it definitely wasn’t anxiety. I know how anxiety affects bowels and that was not it.

Just scared there’s another flare up around the corner....

Anxiety can affect your bowels in pretty much any way, though.

Stop obsessing about your faeces and start working on managing your faulty thinking patterns.

You have had an upset stomach or a bug. No need to bother your doctor with this.

I do not mean to be harsh but looking back on your previous posts can you see the pattern of you over reacting to what are "normal" incidents?

It literally is one thing after another. I woke up on Tuesday with my bowels feeling better, but since then I’ve been feeling very run down and like I’ve got another bloody cold - like I had before my stomach bug. This has got me worried about lymphoma/leukaemia again now.

I’ve been feeling very warm and clammy at times, but I’ve resisted taking my temp with our ear thermometer. But I gave in and took it, and if I press in deep enough I can get a reading of 37.7. Marvellous. I don’t know how deep we’re meant to insert these, but that’s quite a high temp for me as I’m usually a cool person.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    It literally is one thing after another. I woke up on Tuesday with my bowels feeling better, but since then I’ve been feeling very run down and like I’ve got another bloody cold - like I had before my stomach bug. This has got me worried about lymphoma/leukaemia again now.

I’ve been feeling very warm and clammy at times, but I’ve resisted taking my temp with our ear thermometer. But I gave in and took it, and if I press in deep enough I can get a reading of 37.7. Marvellous. I don’t know how deep we’re meant to insert these, but that’s quite a high temp for me as I’m usually a cool person.
    Sorry to hear your not feeling well, you’ve probably caught another bug or cold after being run down that happens to me often I don’t get one thing I get two or three runs of stuff before I start to feel better.
    Personally I don’t know your history but I feel it’s unlikely to be lymphoma or lukemia your white blood cells would increase to fight infection. I often have large lymph node from infections it’s normal when the body fights for us. The most perculiar one I had was in my mouth under my jaw because I had a mini throat infection.
    I hope you feel better soon take some paracetamol for temperature and then you can test it again to see if it reduces perhaps as a trial?
    Best
    PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly there’s so much around. I’m on my 2nd cold in 3 weeks and it’s turned into sinusitis which is making me very miserable. Coupled with the fact that I still can’t bend my knee after a fall 2 weeks ago and it’s all a bit crap.

When you’re already run down you can catch more. Take your vitamins, eat well and get some rest. You’ll feel better soon.

Thanks guys, my temp was pretty normal yesterday and fine today, so hopefully all good there now.

However I’m back on the bowels atm. Ever since I had that ‘stomach bug’ or whatever, I’ve noticed lots more mucous than normal. Yesterday after flushing I saw lots of white things floating in the toilet water, they were either mucous strands or maybe clementine/satsumas skin as I’ve been eating lots of them recently to combat feeling ill.

is lots of mucous ok? A lot of things online seem to point at IBD - again. I may add my movements were pretty normal, so no diarrhoea or constipation. Could my bowels be still a bit irritated after the bug? I haven’t been eating that well either over the past week. Mainly protein and some carbs, not much fruit and veg apart from the celemntines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    I do not mean to be harsh but looking back on your previous posts can you see the pattern of you over reacting to what are "normal" incidents?
    Did you see this question?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Did you see this question?

Hi Elen, yes sorry. Well, I do acknowledge that most, if not all of my worries have never become real. But it’s really difficult for me to stop the train of thought where It’s ‘different’ this time. I can see how ridiculous it is from the outside that I’ve gone through quite a few worries in a few weeks now (crohas, lymphoma etc), but I can’t convince myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I can’t convince myself.
    And that's the core of the issue. Even with the pages of reassurance, nothing said here helps either

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 12 of 187 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information