Page 14 of 187 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Ill again

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Elimination diets and fodmap diet is perfect for IBS look it up it’s shocking what can make it worse.
    Hmmmm.... Where have I heard that before?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Could be soya or quorn but like you said it’s probably just the end of the bug! Get well soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be. Soya protein powders are well known in the bodybuilding community as a no no as they cause bloat and stomach upsets.

I appreciate all the feedback regarding IBS. But I think this thread has gone a bit off piste - I'm not saying my IBS symptoms are an issue at the moment, I've been mainly referring to my 'stomach bug' and whether or not it could have been an IBD flare up.............

You don't need the inverted commas around stomach bug. No one is veering onto IBD territory so the thread is very much "on" piste.

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

So fast forward a month and I'm still having joint problems.

A number of joints still click often - hip, ankle, shoulder etc, on a daily basis. Really worried by this.

My knee's are still sore quite very often, and I've still got joint pain in the palm side of my right hand little finger when I move the finger. Adding to those, my left big toe has been sore when walking - pain coming from the toe joint as well - not the joint that attaches to the foot, but in the middle of the toe.

I also get sporadic pains in finger joints and in the palms of my hands.

Would it be unreasonable to visit a doctor now? This does sound very much like athritis to me, although I have tried to explain the symptoms logically.

Left toe pain - my main trainers are very mishapen and have worn down to a thin layer at the ball of the foot due to commuting and using the clutch in the car regularly. Could this cause muscles to become strained? Either that or I've taken a stamp in football and because i carry on playing, it hasn't healed.

Right hand pinky palm joint pain - I use my phone excessively, and I rest the phone on my little finger when gripping - could this be straining the muscles in that joint?

Lastly, the joint clicking - I really don't know how to logically explain this. There doesn't seem to be a benign cause for joint clicking so that causes me worry, athritis seems the main explanation, which fits in with the rest of my symptoms.

Thanks all.

There are times my body sounds like I'm making microwave popcorn and aside from side effects from my illnesses, I have arthritis in several joints. Its just the way it is for me and for everyone else. We all have our niggles to varying degrees. Rarely are our bodies finely tuned and maintained Lamborghinis.

Besides treating your anxiety which is causing you overall physical stress and subsequently inflammation, I would recommend the supplement glucosamine chondroitin. I started taking it 2x a day around a month ago and it really has helped with the noise and pain. Honestly, it's about half of what it was. I was taking ibuprofen like candy and now maybe once a day if that. Of course, common sense living comes into play as well. Eat right and get at lease some form of exercise a few days a week.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There are times my body sounds like I'm making microwave popcorn and aside from side effects from my illnesses, I have arthritis in several joints. Its just the way it is for me and for everyone else. We all have our niggles to varying degrees. Rarely are our bodies finely tuned and maintained Lamborghinis.

Besides treating your anxiety which is causing you overall physical stress and subsequently inflammation, I would recommend the supplement glucosamine chondroitin. I started taking it 2x a day around a month ago and it really has helped with the noise and pain. Honestly, it's about half of what it was. I was taking ibuprofen like candy and now maybe once a day if that. Of course, common sense living comes into play as well. Eat right and get at lease some form of exercise a few days a week.

Positive thoughts
    Have you had your Vit D levels checked recently, Fish?

Same applies to OP as it appears to be very common in UK and causes myriad physical symptoms, mainly minor aches and pains in muscles/joints.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Have you had your Vit D levels checked recently, Fish?

Same applies to OP as it appears to be very common in UK and causes myriad physical symptoms, mainly minor aches and pains in muscles/joints.
    Well I last had a CBC/FBC in September, not sure if vit D is covered in that?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Well I last had a CBC/FBC in September, not sure if vit D is covered in that?
    You have to ask for specific Vit D test. My levels were very low and I was prescribed a special supplement by GP.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fish.

Well I play football twice a week, and walk at least 45min to an hour per night with the dog. My mum says I do too much...........then my partner says it's my stress and anxiety.

Funnily enough I started taking chondroitin and glucosamine a month ago as well, as I remembered my therapist mentioning it. However the clicking began a week after taking it, so I don't take it daily now - tbh, I haven't taken any for 2 weeks, maybe I should. I also began taking curcumin and turmeric.

I think I need to improve my footwear, I play football in old boots, and exercise in some old trainers I bought from a charity shop.

Page 14 of 187 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information