Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling sorry for myself

Feeling sorry for myself

I fell over today, I missed a step on my garden path and fell hard on my knees and hand. My knee has a really nasty deep cut on it and the palm of my hand has a huge bruise.
    Afterwards I got really shaky, nauseous and felt faint, I had to sit on the loo seat while my 5 year old looked after me!
    My knee really hurts. I’ve got it propped up in bed on a pillow and I’ve iced it a couple of times. Just taken painkillers, but am scared it’s going to get bashed in the night. Or how stiff it might be in the morning.
    It’s not really bled much, so hopefully the cut will heal ok, but I’m clearly a terrible wimp and feeling very sorry for myself

Re: Feeling sorry for myself

Ahhh Scass
    It's horrible when we have an accident, but it sounds like you are treating it well.
    It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do.
    If you have some witch Hazel that help to bring the bruising out.
    Sending you more hugs x

Poor Scass!

Don't assume you're being a wimp? I tripped and fell once while I was on holiday, and grazed my elbow; it hurt like stink but I was more anxious to get home than go anywhere near A&E.

Several weeks later when the scab came off, a bone chip came with it.

Be good to yourself, okay?

If it makes you feel better Scass, one time when I was till in secondary school. I thought I was unstoppable and I was putting some salt out on some ice on the path outside my school. My teacher kept telling me to careful- but I felt like I was to cool to fall....not ten seconds later did I slip and rip the back of my school pants....also bruised another of that area but I think it was my pride that was the most hurt!

Make sure to be extra good to yourself, I hope you wake up feeling much better x sending you lots of hugs xx

Aw Scass hug from me

Pain is pain whatever the cause

Big boys don't cry but I do any kinda 0ain will do it for me I stubbed my big toe last summer on uneven paving I screamed

We all got the right to feel sorry for ourselt if pain is physical.
    Last edited by lebonvin; 23-11-19 at 06:51.

Thank you! I’m limping around today and can’t drive so it’s been quite a dull day really. Hopefully it’ll be much better tomorrow x

Sorry to hear you have had an acident, Scass

It will heal as you know.

Anxiety though sees a trauma, a shock, and all the worry about coping crashes down on you when your emotions are already high. I expect this will fade, like with any shock, as you just get on with your day and put it behind you. Pain can be a fair old trigger with anxiety as I have found. Coping is something we find hard and it can sound really weak to worry about stuff like this but don't let that negative thinking tell you that and accept you still need work on the mental health side but you will push on and not let it make you retreat.

Thank you Terry, yes pain seemed to be quite the trigger!

I still can’t really bend my knee so everything is a bit harder. Supposed to be going on a big work night out tomorrow but have had to message my bosses to ask them to take someone else because i just don’t think I’ll be able to manage it all. Feeling pretty guilty about that. I’m not even sure how I’m going to get to work or get daughter to school

Try the hot and cold compress method Scass. x

Will do C. I’m wondering if I should go the doctor next week. Maybe it needs to be strapped up or something. C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information